It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
(female)

myfldfn HB User
ready to pull my hair out

I first went to dr because of excessive bleeding, they did a pap and scheduled an ultrasound, ultrasound showed fibroid tumors and a cyst on my ovary. Went back to doctor and they performed a biopsy of my uterus, went back for results of biospy and was told my uterus was clear of cancer but in the meantime my pap results came back abnormal and showed cervical dysplasia, a colposcopy was scheduled. went back for colposcopy and cervical biopsy a few days ago dr said it looked like sever dysplasia and would probably have to perform a leep' so i go back in 2 weeks for results from colpo. i was under the impression that the leep would take care of everything but from what i am reading after the lesion is sent off to pathologist fro lee it could still be cancerous. I am tired and ready for some answers' so tired of going back and forth and knowing nothing definite. My mom has had cervical cancer in the past and i know that it can be treated but i feel like all the waiting and going back is just giving the dysplsia time to turn into cancer and it terrifies me.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

luvbug412 HB Userluvbug412 HB User
Re: ready to pull my hair out

Welcome to the board and unfortunately the frustration *HUG*

The waiting game is one I think all of us have been through in some way shape or form. The LEEP is both a treatment and a diagnostic tool. Since there is removal of more tissue than with a standard biopsy, it allows for the excision of hopefully the full area. The one thing the pathologist is looking for is clear margins. Have you been getting the pathology reports for the tests? I don't know if it helps everyone this way, but knowing "exactly" what its called seems to help and make it easier to get the mind wrapped around it.

I'm right beside you with the waiting game. I consider this round two for me as this time around I have had pap (which was clear but with HPV+), followed by colpo w/ ECC. Biopsy from colpo came back benign, ECC came back with AGUS but inconclusive for dysplasia. Had an endometrial biopsy today. I go back in two weeks myself.

Once again though big *HUGS* .... I think sometimes knowing the details and searching online for stuff does not put our minds at ease like we hope.

Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to luvbug412 For This Useful Post:
myfldfn (05-04-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2011, 06:31 AM   #3
(female)

myfldfn HB User

what is the difference between clear margins and not?? did not see first pathology report was just told my endometrial biopsy was clear of cncer but i have chronic endometritis, go back in 2 weeks for results of colpo biopsy, dr just told me that it looks like severe dysplasia and they would probably have to do a leep, i feel like i am in limbo and its driving me crazy

Old 05-05-2011, 06:38 AM   #4
(female)

myfldfn HB User

and what exactly does the glandular mean, i dont understand ost of this and feel like maybe my doctor is not informing me or maybe i dont know the right questions to ask

Old 05-05-2011, 08:35 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

luvbug412 HB Userluvbug412 HB User

Clear margins are used when speaking of LEEP or cold knife cone biopsy - if there are clear margins that is a GOOD thing as there is no evidence of the dysplasia and the Dr has excised (cut) all of it out.

Glad your endometrial biopsy came back clear of cancer though

Glandular refers to the type of cells. Squamous are the other type of cells that can be found and diagnosed in a papsmear.

Two types of findings within pap smear are ASC which stands for atypical squamous cells. Squamous cells form the surface of your cervix and AGC.
AGC stands for atypical glandular cells.

One thing I can recommend - ALWAYS ALWAYS get a copy of your biopsy and pathology reports. It makes it easier to understand. Instead of just depending on the Dr to tell you what is seen on the reports, make sure they sit down with you so you can READ the report.

I keep going back over mine from 2009 before I became knowledgeable on how I should handle things and had I known then what I know now I would have been asked to be treated differently.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:39 AM   #6
(female)

myfldfn HB User

thanks lots, doctor also said that i have 2 lesions one is very think and the other is cross hatched or something like that cant seem to find out what that means either

Closed Thread