It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

luvbug412 HB Userluvbug412 HB User
endometrial biopsy effects - how long can it last?

Had posted that I had an endometrial biopsy Wed last week. Was doing okay, but the symptoms wax and wane over the days. Up until today the symptoms were easing but this evening the pain on the right side with increased bleeding (not enough to soak anything but just more than it was) is back. Should this concerning enough to call the Dr. in the morning or should I just hold out and see if it subsided over the next day or two?

Old 05-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User
Re: endometrial biopsy effects - how long can it last?

I'd contact your doctor; this cannot be right.
The more I read, the more grateful I am that I didn't have this wretched procedure, but had a diagnostic D&C instead.
I will never have an endo biopsy, and I recommend that you never have another one either.
D&Cs are quick, safe, painless (because you're sedated), and allow a far more thorough sample than an endo biopsy... in fact it allows for the entire uterine lining to be studied, rather than just a couple of tiny areas.

I really hope you'll be okay soon. At this point, I'd be a little worried about a possible puncture (but probably not or else you'd be running a fever) or infection. You may need antibiotics, and I'd get back to the doctor as soon as possible!

Best of luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

No fever or other signs of infection and just like that the pain subsided and bleeding stopped suddenly. Right at the beginning of WHAT should be my period (since I'm on birth control pills).

You are right on the endo biopsy. If it is ever recommended again, I'm going to ask if there is another way. While the pain for the first few days after my ecc and biopsy from colpo was worse, the lingering annoyance of the sharp pains shooting through what felt the right side of my uterus was just way to much.

At this point I am still one week away from heading back to the Dr. Today was a bad day. I've been reading (which I shouldn't do) and finding that first off AGUS isn't all that common of a diagnosis. Throw in the AIS from two years ago treated with a LEEP (and not a CKC), the chance of skip lesions, and the fact that the last pap was HPV+ and I'm frustrated. At this point I could care less what the diagnosis is, I just WANT a diagnosis. It's not knowing that is going to drive me up the wall.

The following user gives a hug of support to luvbug412:
Kali333 (05-11-2011)
Old 05-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User

I know how you feel; it took me from early November 2010 to early January 2011 to figure out what was wrong with me (I was having constant spotting; it turned out to be an endometrial polyp).
I still remember that as the longest 2 months of my life.
I was miserable every day. I couldn't stop looking things up on the internet. I couldn't concentrate at work. I was convinced I had some sort of cancer... or that, alternately, the doctors would never figure out what was wrong with me, and that I'd just keep bleeding and bleeding, and that they'd eventually force me to have a hysterectomy.

It was a long, terrible 2 months... but I'm okay now. In fact, I'm 11 weeks pregnant.
It's so scary when you don't know what's wrong, but they will figure it out eventually, and I hope it will be something minor and fixable. Remember that minor problems are much, much more common than cancer!

Best wishes. Let us know how it's going.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

PS- I've been reading a little bit about AGUS PAPs, and while I do see why you're concerned, the fact is they can also be caused by benign things such as metaplasia, endometriosis, and endometrial or cervical polyps, all of which are incredibly common. One woman out of five will have a polyp in her lifetime, and I believe I read that about one out of ten has endometriosis.

So, while I know it's impossible not to be aware of the scarier possibilities, try to keep in mind that there are much less scary possibilities as well.

Best.

Last edited by Kali333; 05-11-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
(female)

miaverline HB Usermiaverline HB User

Hi, I myself had the endometrial pipelle biopsy few days back, didnt have any problems but little blood loss - period started a day later so unsure how much. but had a few small clots. Are you going for a scan? i have been referred for one, awaiting date.. I was diagnosed with high grade glandular, had cone but endomargin not clear and they want to get to the 'root' of this problem now as have been under hospital for 2 years and mmm.. no better. Hope your results are good x

Old 05-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Headed back tomorrow for the results of the biopsy. The last few weeks I've done nothing but scare myself silly finding out how rare an AGUS (or AG-NOS as it is now referred to) is and then the % of those results that end up being pre-invasive or invasive.

I ended up having my period a week after the biopsy. Cramps were horribly worse than normal as was the discharge I normally get. Going to bring this up tomorrow when I talk to the Dr.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fingers crossed for you! I have a strong feeling you don't have cancer.
Please post and let us know as soon as you know something.

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow as well, for my second prenatal exam.
During the first one, they did an ultrasound and found a complex cyst on my ovary.
I'm a little bit worried about that- I'm worried that it could be malignant, that it could compromise the pregnancy, etc.
They'll be looking at it again tomorrow to see if it's grown, shrunk, or what.

I hope that our respective doctor appointments go well, and that by tomorrow evening, we both have peace of mind and good news to share with the board.

Best wishes.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:50 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Thank you all for the prayers and hugs. I got my results back yesterday.
100% BENIGN! The ECC is actually showing reactive changes - which means I am healing from something. The endometrial biopsy indicated inactive endometrium.

Tada - thats it . 6 weeks of waiting, of wondering what ifs, and everything else - and I got back in 6 months for a follow up.

The presence of HPV still has my Dr concerned - but we will see what goes on in the 6 month appt. I've been warned, don't overly stress myself (it kills the immune system), take your vitamins, and stay away from second hand smoke (I am not a smoker myself).

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: luvbug412
Kali333 (05-20-2011), miaverline (05-23-2011)
Old 05-21-2011, 01:58 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Congrats on your benign result!
My appt went well too. The doctor declined to do another ultrasound at this appointment, but again seemed utterly unconcerned about the cyst on my ovary, and seems to believe it will be gone by the time we do the 20-week ultrasound.
We listened to the baby's heartbeat with a doppler- it was 170, which the doctor says is perfect.
The pregnancy seems healthy so far despite my age (I'll be 39 when it's born), and the doctor actually said, "This will be fun!"
Which made me feel so much better somehow, to be able to look at this as a fun and exciting adventure rather than a medical horror-story.
If the doctor believes I'm healthy and the baby's healthy, why should I let my hypochondria spoil this happy time?

Anyway, congrats luvbug! I'm so glad we're both okay for now!

The following user gives a hug of support to Kali333:
miaverline (05-23-2011)
Closed Thread