It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
(female)

michellerene HB User
complex ovarian cyst with clear free flowing fluid

I have been diagnosed with a complex ovarian cyst on my left ovary, a week ago, that measures 1.4 x 1.6 x 2.3. I have free flowing fluid in my pelvis as well. My doc says it is not an endometrial cyst, and my fluid is clear so it is not the result of a burst cyst, unfortunately. I am to f/u with another u/s in 4 wks., and I am waiting for my CA125 results. I am 41 yrs of age, and have 2 boys, 11 yrs and 20 mos., and both my grandmother's had ovarian cancer, my father's mother died of it. My mother had endometriosis so severely that she had to have a full hyster and part of her colon out in her early 30's. I am mostly concerned about this "free flowing clear fluid" that accompanies the complex cyst. My doc says not to worry. I've decided to get a second opinion from a gyno/oncologist that was rated one of the best docs in Dallas. I am looking forward to this appt. However, I am driving myself crazy with thoughts of cancer, and/or having my ovaries taken out at 41! I'm not ready to go thru the change :-( I wanted to know if anyone else has had similar dx with this free flowing fluid, and what was the outcome?

Thanks.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
(female)

123lbr HB User
Re: complex ovarian cyst with clear free flowing fluid

What ever happened with your situation?? I had surgery to remove a complex cyst 2 weeks ago.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
(female)

michellerene HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123lbr View Post
What ever happened with your situation?? I had surgery to remove a complex cyst 2 weeks ago.
Hi 123lbr,
I did go to get a second opinion from an oncologist/gynocologist b/c of my family history, and she monitored me for six weeks. I ended up having one on each ovary, but just slightly partially solid on one. I had the CA125 test, came back normal. I had a really bad period prior to the six week check up. At the six week check up, all was clear! Looks like my burst. I was lucky. Sorry to hear you had to have surgery :-( Hope all is well.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #4
(female)

123lbr HB User

Hello,

So glad to hear the good news. I had a 9cm complex removed which thank goodness ended up being benign. I had the Ca125 done also, and the waiting was awful.

Thanks for responding!

Closed Thread