It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
(female)

Gems84 HB User
1 year post cervical cancer treatment

Hi, I completed internal/external radiation with chemo for stage 1b2 cervical cancer last July. I recently had a PET/CT Scan, which showed no evidence of disese, which I am truly grateful, however, a spot showed up around my distal esophagus and a hiatal hernia also showed up. Neither of these areas showed up on my original PET Scan. My radiation oncologist called me and gave me the good news about no cancer showing up in the pelvic area, but asked if I have had digestive issues. I told him about burping a lot and acid reflux and he seems to think that the spot may be GERD, so he wants me to have an upper GI endoscopy. He says that he is 99% sure that it is not cancer, but wants to have it checked out. Needless to say, I have been freaking out and having a hard time calling to make the appoiintment for the endoscopy. Has anyone had something show up on the pet scan that ended up being an inflammation or infection. I guess already being diagnosed with cancer has me thinking the worse and that's what is making me hesitate about scheduling the test. By the way, no lymph nodes lit up around that area.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
My wife was diagnosed with cervical cancer JonasBlue Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian 6 07-03-2011 01:08 AM
just diagnosed with severe cervical dysplasia and terrified! katm4110 Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian 9 03-06-2011 04:52 PM
Cervical cancer?? VeryWorried101 Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian 4 01-09-2011 02:49 PM
One year annniversary Pickle Eyes Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian 10 06-28-2009 07:49 PM
Cervical Cytology 101 MichelleNTX Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian 34 07-13-2007 05:28 PM