It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
(female)

loneymm HB User
Abnormal pap results again, pls help

I just had the pap results last week, the results showed Low Grade squamous Intraepithelial Lesion with HPV high risk. I did bios this tuesday and still waiting for the results.

Here is my history: had normal pap for a few years and had two kids on 2004 and 2007, pap results have been normal. 2009 pap shows Atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance with high risk HPV. on 2010/2 I did bois the results shows low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion.

on 2010/03 Leep. The pathology report:
a) Cervis 12 O'clock (leep)
(low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion, entending to endocervical margin)
b) cervis 3 o'clock
(low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion, margins free)
c) cervis 6 o'clock
(suamous metaplasia)

why does the "entending to endocervical margin" mean? why after leep, the margin is not free? what does " suamous metaplasia" mean?

after 4 months I did pap again, results are normal. This year I went for another pap, abormal again. I thought normally after LEEP, the results should be fine. Why the bad news coming again. I am 38 years. Please help

Old 07-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: Abnormal pap results again, pls help

loneymm

My guess was that the during the leep procedure, the doctor was not able to obtain clean margins when he/she removed the lesion at the 12:00 oclock position and that the lesion had spread into the cervical canal. I am also guessing that because the pathology was for low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion, he/she decided that instead of performing another leep procedure, he/she would take the wait and see attitude.
Was your procedure performed by a gyn oncologist?
You may want to take all of your patholgy reports and seek out an opinion with a gyn oncologist to see what they suggest for treatment. Gyn Oncologist are not just for patients who have cervical, ovarian or uterine cancer. They also treat patients who have abnormal paps.
Let me know how you are doing,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread