It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
(female)

NatCL106 HB User
Question Dermoid Cyst - Ovarian Cancer?

About 3 months ago I went to the doctor complaining about diarrhea/gas and they sent me home saying it was just IBS. Then, about a month or so ago, I started having pelvic/abdominal bloating and cramping. I decided to go to the doctor where I had an ultrasound/CT scan done and they found out I have a small (3cm) dermoid cyst on my right ovary. They told me it was too small to be causing any of my symptoms. Shortly after that I noticed low back cramping/pain accompanying the pelvic/abdominal bloating and cramping as well as the frequent urge to urinate. I went back to the doctor where they did a CA-125 test which came back fine. I can tell my immune system is weakened- even though it generally is anyway as I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis- as I have in the past week developed a yeast infection (which I NEVER get) and allergy-like symptoms (Ive never had allergies) My question is.. do these symptoms sound similar to Ovarian Cancer or am I just overreacting? I know I should look to a doctor for true diagnosis but I just feel like hearing it first hand from others experiencing this would help me to know a little bit better what im dealing with.

Last edited by NatCL106; 07-28-2011 at 07:19 PM. Reason: added another symptom I forgot..

Old 08-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: Dermoid Cyst - Ovarian Cancer?

NatCL106

It sounds like you have developed a urinary trac infection. Your symptoms of frequent urge to go and back and pelvic/abdominal cramping are symptoms of a UTI. Your cyst on your ovary also may have burst which could be causing you the discomfort. Are you sure that the doctor told you the size of the cyst was 3cm because that is really not that small but a 3mm cyst is pretty small.

I would suggest that you obtain all of your test results and make an another appointment with your doctor. Go over all of your symptoms again with this doctor and ask him/her why you should not be worried about these changes in your health. You may also want to inquire about getting a referral to a gastroenterologist if you are still experiencing the symptoms of IBS.
If this doctor that you are seeing is not an ob/gyn, than it may benefit you to make an appointment with an ob/gyn to inquire about the demoid cyst on your ovary and what is the typical treatment for such a condition.
Let me know how you are doing.

Last edited by shisslak; 08-01-2011 at 01:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread