It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
(female)

amlibbee HB User
severely precancerous cells and pelvic pain

It is tough to even know where to begin. I am 28, happily married and want nothing more then to one day start a family with my husband, however my world changed about a three weeks ago when I went in for a pap... I feel like to everyone else they say, oh dont worry it is an abnormal pap, but I dont feel well at all!!!

The results came back abnormal. Five days later I was scheduled a colposcopy, which 6 days later came back with results of moderate and severely precancerous cells. The following week I had the Leep procedure done. At this point I am waiting on my results to come back.

Truth be told I am truly frightened. Can someone please help put my mind at rest...

1. How long did results from the LEEP take to come back for those of you out there?

2. I have been having horrible leg pain starting in my back and moving down my left leg for over a year now, difficult to sleep and most nights take advil to numb the ain a bit (not nearly enough), could this be a correlation with cervical cancer?

3. I have also in the few months prior to the pap had a bit of blood in my CM, that appears inbetween periods. Could this also be a sign of cervical cancer?

4. Always exhausted and always constipated, correlation?

5. Lastly, miscarriage last March (year and a half ago) at 13 weeks, correlation?

I know it's a lot, but ANY help or words of advice would be welcomed and a blessing.

Grateful...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: severely precancerous cells and pelvic pain

Hello, and welcome to the Health Boards. I hope we can make you feel much better, just by offering our support and encouragement.

I am also going through some really tough issurs with endometriosis, and my other heath problems prohibit me from any surgery or even diagnostic procedures. I have often wondered if cancer is not a possible option, based on my symptoms.

In my earlier years, I also had bad pap results with the precancerous cells as well. Back then I was still in the denial phase of my healthcare. That does not work at all, and it has cost my 4 strokes and a heart attack to learn better.

As someone who has gone through so many tests and waited for so many results, I hope i can offer you some words of wisdom about that...Do not let yourself go nuts while waiting for results. it is not worth it. Just keep your mind occupied while you wait, and when it comes, you will know and not a minute sooner. it is not uncommon for the doctor to have you come in to read your results, so don't get upset if that happens, it does not mean your results are bad in any way. Often patients can not understand why the nurse cant relay the information, but law requires doctors to do these things them selves. Many people get themselves very worked up while wondering what the doctor has to tell them.

The more positive you can keep your mind, the better, no matter what the ailment is. I have proven that in my 8 years of stroke recovery, and kidney failure. Attitude is everything! Yes, it is much easier to fall into the "whoa is me", it is much more amazing to hold you head up and march ahead.

Please let us know when you get your answers, and anything else you would like to share in between, I am interested in learning about you and how you are feeling. We are here to support you throughout this process.

Janet

The Following User Says Thank You to writeleft For This Useful Post:
amlibbee (07-31-2011)
Closed Thread