It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2011, 10:15 PM   #1
(female)

miaverline HB Usermiaverline HB User
hysterectomy results

My head is all over the place, yesterday was diagnosed with 1b, and need another operation in just over 2 wks, had my hysterectomy 4 wks ago. I so want this to be over, feel sick, cant sleep - any support would be appreciated x

The following user gives a hug of support to miaverline:
paticake35 (08-20-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
(female)

paticake35 HB User
Re: hysterectomy results

Hugs to you, Mia. Everything is going to work out just fine. Hang in there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2011, 02:39 AM   #3
(female)

thank you x just another waiting game, 2 weeks until op, then have to await results. and am so bored at home, chin up eh, lol x

Old 08-25-2011, 07:49 AM   #4
(female)

waterstrider HB User

Ahhh, I'm so sorry to hear about your test results. Its such a stressful thing and the waiting is awful! But you are still in a very treatable stage are you not?
I am wondering if this is where I'm headed too. But I am also waiting and worrying. I had cone biopsy to remove AIS 10 years ago, with clear margins, but now AGUS is back. I have been recommended hyst and await results of ECC and hyst scheduling. I have been wondering what's next if poor hyst results come back? And wondering about the hyst itself. Were you able to keep your ovaries? What happens next?
Sending positive thoughts you way.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:57 AM   #5
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterstrider View Post
Ahhh, I'm so sorry to hear about your test results. Its such a stressful thing and the waiting is awful! But you are still in a very treatable stage are you not?
I am wondering if this is where I'm headed too. But I am also waiting and worrying. I had cone biopsy to remove AIS 10 years ago, with clear margins, but now AGUS is back. I have been recommended hyst and await results of ECC and hyst scheduling. I have been wondering what's next if poor hyst results come back? And wondering about the hyst itself. Were you able to keep your ovaries? What happens next?
Sending positive thoughts you way.
thank you x i dont know how far it has spread yet.... if it has, I have had to have chest xray and having mri tomorrow, but this next operation is for 'staging of cervical cancer' so hopefully i am totally treatable, just unsure if these germs have gone anywhere else yet, so am on an emotional roller coaster at the moment.

I had a cone biopsy, with unclear margins, that is why I had the hysterectomy, i started off with AGUS and they recommended hysterectomy to me, and kept ovaries, it depends on your age, if you are 40 ish, they leave them so u will not have menopause earlier, but if older they take them out. I had ecc and biopsies before hysterectomy also. It is unusual not to remove all the 'germs' with hysterectomy they almost always are a success, I was just unlucky they found a tumour. I am having my operation, laparotomy on 6 sept. cut right down my belly and am having lots of bits taken away, as much as they can take after hysterectomy, with lymph nodes. Just worried if has spread further, and will need chemo / radiotherapy, as is on cards if they find anything. I am up and down all the time and am devastated got to do this all over again, but am trying to buck myself up every day xx

The following user gives a hug of support to miaverline:
waterstrider (08-26-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 01:54 PM   #6
(female)

waterstrider HB User

Thanks for the info. I'd rather be aware of what I could be in for, than be in the dark. And I'm getting better about not thinking about it ALL the time.
I have read papers in medical journals and am amazed by how rare AGUS results from pap are, and also how rarely they lead to something really serious (although I know AGUS is considered much more aggressive than ASCUS). I truly hope yours isn't any worse than they have already found. I'll be thinking of you lots and hoping you get answers quickly and find ways to take your mind off things.

The following user gives a hug of support to waterstrider:
miaverline (08-27-2011)
Old 08-31-2011, 03:50 PM   #7
(female)

my results are not as good as i hoped. My operation is tuesday next week, have to have a CT scan this friday. On the MRI they saw a node, a lump, para-aortic region. and results will be back on monday. also a haematoma, which they said is normal due to surgery already had. I am very scared.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #8
(female)

Re: hysterectomy results, then MRI and CT, another Op

had ct scan fri, in on tuesday now for operation, just want all this to be over, had enough

Old 09-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #9
(female)

waterstrider HB User

Thinking of you Mia.

Closed Thread