It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
(female)

skylady1990 HB User
Update

So I went to the gyno yesterday. he said the cyst is of the hemorragic type and is only 2.5 cm. He also said that this small of a cyst shouldn't be causing the pain I am in and that he wants to wait 6 weeks before doing another ultrasound. Due to the amount of pain I am in when he pressed on my uterus he thinks that I have an infection of the uterus. He put me on Augmentin for the infection. He also talked about seeing a gastroenterologist, that that may be the where the pain is coming from. Today my pain is worse. I've been constipated for 3 days which is probably due to the percocets for the pain. I'm exhausted from the pain, have had no appetite since last Tuesday, sleeping like crap cause the pain wakes me up when the percocets wear off, my lower back has begun hurting. I'm just a mess and so scared. I can't live like this and don't know what to do. Any advice would be so welcome! I do have a call back into the gyno.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
(female)

momoftrio HB Usermomoftrio HB Usermomoftrio HB Usermomoftrio HB User
Re: Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylady1990 View Post
So I went to the gyno yesterday. he said the cyst is of the hemorragic type and is only 2.5 cm. He also said that this small of a cyst shouldn't be causing the pain I am in and that he wants to wait 6 weeks before doing another ultrasound. Due to the amount of pain I am in when he pressed on my uterus he thinks that I have an infection of the uterus. He put me on Augmentin for the infection. He also talked about seeing a gastroenterologist, that that may be the where the pain is coming from. Today my pain is worse. I've been constipated for 3 days which is probably due to the percocets for the pain. I'm exhausted from the pain, have had no appetite since last Tuesday, sleeping like crap cause the pain wakes me up when the percocets wear off, my lower back has begun hurting. I'm just a mess and so scared. I can't live like this and don't know what to do. Any advice would be so welcome! I do have a call back into the gyno.
After going through a similar situation as you , I can tell you that you absolutley can get pan from a cyst of that size. What my gyno and I learned after a LONG time of going through everything you are experiencing is that it was the POSITION of the cyst that was causing my pains, constipation , etcc. Not too sure which size yourss on but mine was the left. When I was in pain , it was 2.7 in size . The pain stayd the same for months without much growth in my cyst. I went through months of constipationa nd back pain with very little relief. I finally told my gyno that I did not care what size the sucker was , it was killing me ! We kept on doing ultrasounds and eventually scheduled to have it removed when it was in the 3 range.
2 weeks before my surgery , as quick as the pain came ,it was gone. No more leg pain , back pain , front pain , uterus pain , constipation , nauseau , tiredness , just GONE ! I called her and she had me come in to see if it had possibly burst and was gone. Come to find out , not only was it still there , it ws now 5cm. Needless to say we were shocked. She went over all of my ulrasounds and records and her conclusion was : The cyst was positioned in a way that was pressing or hitting on nerves or a little twisted itself which was causing all the pain. The constipation , was from the cyst pressing and crimping my colon. For some strange reason , though it grew , it was no longer pressing on nerves or my colon and everything started functioning again.

I did still have the surgery so I would not have recurring problems with this ovary which I had in the past and have not had any symptoms since last year.
Which side is yours on ? When you said constipation my first thought was had to be the left ?! For sure get rechecked in 6 weeks but if you continue to suffer , make sure you make him/her aware that it is definitely possible to have the pain , Im living proof !! Good luck !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
(female)

skylady1990 HB User

Thank you Momoftrio! Yes the cyst and pain are on my left side. I can't imagine going through months of this. I am exhausted from the pain and all I am doing is staying in one place.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
(female)

Twixt HB UserTwixt HB User

Sorry to hear you're going through so much pain - I hope they're able to figure out soon what's causing it, so the symptoms will resolve. Pain sucks.

Closed Thread