It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2011, 06:08 AM   #1
(female)

Maycat HB User
Persistence abnormal pap result

Hi I am glad to find this board and I have had this on and off abnormal pap results in the last 6 years.

I had my first abnormal pap 6 years ago with LSIL and high risk HPV, after 2 repeated tests I had a colposcopy done. After that my pap was normal for 3 straight years. Until the 4th year, I had another abnormal pap, this time it is ASCUS but HPV was negative. Repeated the pap in 3 months and the result was the same. My doctor had the 2nd colposcopy done for me and I thought this would take away the problem like it did last time. However, after 3 months, the result is the same with ASCUS and HPV negative. since it has been persistent for the last 3 pap smears, my doctor suggested LEEP. I just had my LEEP done and the result come back as my ASCUS were caused infected HPV.

I am confused. I thought this time my HPV result was negative but then how could my cells be infected?

Does anyone have the same experience? I am a bit tired of all these procedures and I don't see the end of it.

Thank you for listening.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Abnormal cells and HPV ChrisSarah Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian 1 06-19-2011 05:27 PM
abnormal paps?????? myfldfn Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian 0 05-06-2011 03:29 PM
Abnormal Pap after LEEP Kate8662 Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian 5 05-03-2011 07:55 PM
abnormal bleeding and pain years after having LEEP WrenSong Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian 2 06-03-2010 03:13 AM
abnormal pap for the second time happycows Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian 6 07-14-2009 12:11 PM

Tags
abnormal pap, cervical dysplasia/hpv/leep, colposcopy, hpv, leep