It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
(female)

jogirl423 HB User
Complex Cyst - ANYONE with advice, please?

I am 41 years old and am trying to find out if having a thick walled cyst makes it more likely to be cancerous? My 6 week followup appt is in 5 days and I am about ready to jump out of my skin...

I've gotten some great advice but forgot to ask what the "thick wall" means and I am about out of my mind with worry (though I try not to and I think makes it worse lol). Everything I am reading keeps saying that thick walled cysts are very prone to be cancerous and I am sick with worry...

Thank you in advance for anyone's advice / information.

I also had Ca-125 done 4 weeks ago was normal 31 with <35 being normal and I had the OVA-1 test done about 2 weeks ago and that was normal - 4.2 and with <5 for premenopausal being normal.

Exam: Transabdominal and transvaglnal sonographic imaging of the pelvis

9/7/2011

Findings: Uterus measures 8.9 x 5.8 x 8.1 cm and is normal in size, Small
Fibroid noted anteriorly in the uterus and subserosal in location measuring 2 x
1.3 x 1.7 cm, Uterus is anteverted. It makes visualization of the endometrial
stripe quite difficult. It appears to be somewhat thickened measuring 1.8 cm in
thickness. (The patient's last menstrual period was 8/16/2011),

Right ovary was normal measuring 5.3 x 1.5 x 2.1 centimeters with a volume of 5.9 millimiters.

Left ovary measures 3.9 x 2.6 x 1.8 cm with a volume of 9.3 mL, Complex
thick-walled cystic appearing area measuring 2.5 x 2.4 x 2.1 cm noted in the
left ovary, Recommend follow-up sonogram in approximately 6 weeks to ensure resolution.

Impression:
Probable thickened endometrium with small fibroid noted in the uterus.

Complex appearing cystic area with thick wall noted in the left ovary, Recommend
Follow-up sonogram in 6 weeks to ensure resolution.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
(female)

Twixt HB UserTwixt HB User
Re: Complex Cyst - ANYONE with advice, please?

Hi jogirl423,

I'm not an expert, but from everything I've read, the majority of ovarian cysts (even complex ones) are benign. But I totally get the worry about having a complex cyst - I was hugely worried about mine for a few weeks after I found out about it.

Thankfully, I've gotten less anxious about it as time's gone by. It helps that I've been really busy lately so I've had less time to fixate on it.

Of course, having said that, I still don't know whether my complex ovarian cyst is still there, or whether it's gotten larger/smaller, etc - I'll be finding that out in a few weeks when I have my repeat ultrasound.

I'm guessing in your case (as with mine), they're assuming it will have resolved on its own (ie: gone away) and just want to follow-up to confirm this.

And of course, the waiting is the hardest part - thankfully, your follow-up is almost here so you'll have more concrete answers soon.

Sorry I don't have any expert advice - but I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Hang in there!

Twixt

Old 10-24-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
(female)

jogirl423 HB User

Thank you so much for your post!

I appreciate your taking the time to leave me a note!!!

Have a great night and I hope yours resolves ASAP!!!

Jo

Old 10-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #4
(female)

Thanks - same to you!

Old 10-26-2011, 07:34 AM   #5
(female)

Penny465 HB User

Hi Ladies -

I think this board is not very active. I posted a couple of weeks ago and did not get any responses. I am in the same boat. Two complex cysts found and I am in a holding pattern until my next ultrasound which is the week of Thanksgiving. Hoping we all get good results !

Old 10-26-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
(female)

Hi Penny465,

Yeah, I think you're right - when I was looking through old posts, it looks like this forum was much more active a couple of years ago, and seems to be fairly inactive now. Which sucks since some of us (including myself) are having issues/worries now.

I'll take a look at your post - I'm not an expert by any means, but I have read up on stuff pretty obsessively since finding out about my ovarian cyst.

Twixt

Closed Thread