It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2011, 06:27 AM   #1
(female)

runningfan HB User
Question Aftercare following colposcopy and & biopsy

Hi ladies:

I had a colposcopy and biopsy yesterday. I felt cramping yesterday, but today I feel much better already.

My doctor said to wear pads instead of tampons for the spotting, but I was wondering how long I have to adhere to the "pads only" rule? I will have my period in about 7-8 days and I would much rather wear tampsons over pads at that point, but I was not sure if this was too soon?

Also, do you ladies think light exercise would be okay today? I would not do any too strenuous like running, but I would like to walk on the treadmill and do light weights if it's possible....

Keeping my fingers crossed my results come back in 2 weeks with good news.... Thanks in advance!

Old 10-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
(female)

busymommy HB Userbusymommy HB User
Re: Aftercare following colposcopy and & biopsy

I just had the same procedure a few days ago and was told no relations with my hubby for three weeks! I am going to assume this means maybe tampons, too, anything in that area. You would probably need to call your doctor's office for clarification. They didn't say anything about exercise and I walked about 3 miles the day after and felt fine.

Let's hope both our results are negative!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
(female)

runningfan HB User
Re: Aftercare following colposcopy and & biopsy

Thanks for the response busymommy! I know you cannot have sex for 3-4 weeks after the procedure, but some information said tampon use was okay after about a week... I detest pads and was hoping I would be cleared to use tampons before my monthly cycle comes.

It sounds like we are in the same boat. I think the worst part about the colposcopy/biopsy is the 2 week wait for the results! My doctor only gives the results in person whether they are good or bad, so I will be back to hear the news in 2 weeks. I am keeping my fingers crossed in the meantime.

Thanks again!

Closed Thread