It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2011, 05:24 AM   #1
(female)

mykonosgirl HB User
8 week wait for LEEP Results normal ??

Hi everyone!

I had my Leep done on Friday Nov. 25th. When finished, my doctor immediatly told me she would contact me in 8 weeks with the results. I am in Nova Scotia (Atlantic Canada) and I just want to know if anyone else in Canada had to wait that long for their results. It seems like most people on this board only wait 2 weeks so why did my Doctor tell me it takes 8 weeks!!

I do not want to wait that long and I think my doctor told me 8 weeks because she is just so busy with an overload of patients that it is going to take her 8 weeks to go through everyones results and get back to them.

If this is the case, does anyone know if there is someone else other then my Gyno that I can call to get the results sooner..like maybe pathology or my fam doctor

Old 12-17-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
(female)

k mum 29 HB User
Re: 8 week wait for LEEP Results normal ??

this may not help because im in Australia but i had a leep done in October and only got my results last week. Just try to put it to the back of your mind for now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
(female)

mykonosgirl HB User
Re: 8 week wait for LEEP Results normal ??

Got my results today!..not from my gyno but my family doctor received them in only 3 weeks.

Leep was inconclusive in determining whether or not my margins or clear due to the sample being submitted in portions, they could not give a surgical margin assessment. Also it came back as mild to moderate sqaumous dysplasia, no mentioning of cin III or endocervical gland involvement like there was on my original biopsy. I am not sure what to think of this report..it seems as if the samples taken were not from the right area. She did not do an ECC yet and I belive that needs to be done for a final assessment.

Thanks for your reply K mum 29 and best of luck with your journey with this aweful thing.

Closed Thread