It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
(female)

als870610 HB User
Thumbs down Ovarian Cancer? Swollen Abdomen

I have been having severe lower back pain for months now, it is so bad that if i dont take my pain medicine i am in a wheel chair, they put me on percocet because i was immobile. my surgeon from a previous back surgery said my back is fine and he thinks its in my abdomen, well i went on and about two weeks later my lower abdomen swelled up to the point where none of my pants fit at all, not even pajamas! and now im sleeping over 18 hours a day, i feel comatose honestly, i have two kids and ive never been this tired. even when i wake up to pee i go straight back to sleep its unreal how tired i am. also my body is very weak. i pee alot and my abdomen cramps constantly, nothing unbearable but it feels heavy and alot of pressure. my mom has had every female cancer except breast but she does have lumps on her breast so they are monitoring her every couple months for that too. I know something is wrong but i dont want to assume the worst. Its definatly not intestinal though, im definatly not pregnant either, ive had everything checked out except female stuff. I havent found a doctor that will see me within the next like month and they keep saying "i dont think you should wait that long" im not sure what to do every day my symptoms get worse.

The following user gives a hug of support to als870610:
Pwalla57 (01-03-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
(female)

Pwalla57 HB User
Re: Ovarian Cancer? Swollen Abdomen

You may need to go to emergency if you can't get in to see a doctor. I had ovarian cysts (non-cancerous) and they can become very large and can be dangerous if they burst. I had my ovaries removed(already had kids) no more periods yay! And no worry of ovarian cancer. So go get checked out ASAP. They will take you in the emergency room.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pwalla57 For This Useful Post:
als870610 (01-04-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2012, 11:27 PM   #3
(female)

als870610 HB User

i went to the gyno today FINALLY and he felt a mass on my left ovary during my pelvic exam right away so i have to schedule an ultrasound now. SO swelling in abdomen is worse, fatigue is just as bad as before and now a mass on ovary. I want people with experience to let me know their opinions from experience. Thanks for the reply by the way!

The following user gives a hug of support to als870610:
Twixt (01-07-2012)
Old 01-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
(female)

Twixt HB UserTwixt HB User

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this - I'm glad you were able to see a doctor recently, though. If there's anything going on, it's important to have it checked out as soon as possible. I also hope that you get any results from tests soon - the waiting is usually the most stressful part (I'm currently being investigated for an ovarian mass and am waiting to hear back about when my MRI will be, so I know how very stressful it is to know that something's going on but to not have any solid answers).

I'm sending good thoughts your way!

Twixt

The following user gives a hug of support to Twixt:
als870610 (01-09-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Twixt For This Useful Post:
als870610 (01-09-2012)
Closed Thread