It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
(female)

Rebecca1988 HB User
CIN III and scared to death. What do I do?

Im 23 years old with two young children and scared. I had an abnomal papsmear, which led the doctor to suggest that I have some procedure done where they look at my cervix and take little pieces or cells off. The results were some low grade and some high grade. This was back in July/Aug. Then the doctor suggest that I have a LEEP done. I postponed having it done until last month, December. It was painful, afterwards I had severe cramping and bleeding. I went back to the doctor after a trip to the emergency room and given antibiotics for an infection and told to be on bed rest for a week. I also got my results back from my LEEP surgery. They took two different pieces in two different places, off of my cervix.

Results came back that both pieces, from length to length, depth to depth were completely covered in CIN III cells. Or as some call it Stage 0 cancer. I had asked the doctor what can we do about it, and the response was nothing but watch and wait. And i asked is it going to turn into cancer and it was said that yes, with how aggressive the cells already are, it will. But they cant give me a time frame. And i then said okay then what? They said hysterectomy.

I've done research for the past week, as anyone would do in my case. But im still scared. I don't know what to do. My husband says im not taking this as serious as i should. I mean is it THAT serious?

Old 01-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
(female)

miyushira HB User
Re: CIN III and scared to death. What do I do?

Of all the cancers out there, cervical cancer is one of them that has the highest success rate with treatment. However, yes, cancer is a serious thing. I too do research when I have questions and fears that I can't take to anyone else. In fact my research brought me to this message board for the problems I'm dealing with after having an abnormal pap, colposcopy, then LEEP done in June of last year.
My way of combating the fear is to find out as much factual information as I can about procedures, diagnosis etc. I would say its alright to be scared, its cancer after all. Take it seriously. However, you can control the fear by being productive. Learn as much as you can. And have a little faith.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread