It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
(female)

tristaphia HB User
Unhappy waiting on biopsy, scared of cervical cancer!

A month ago, I had an abnormal pap, after always having normal ones. I recently had colposcopy and a biopsy was taken. Before saw my gyn for colpo, my reg. Dr had my cells marked as high grade, and during the colpo, my gyn said high grade also. Now I'm waiting for the results of my biopsy to come back. This wait has been brutal! It's almost february, I've been waiting and worrying since the new year started. I'm curious to how it went for everyone who had similar experiences - and was it cancer beyond stage 0? I have a leep coming up in a week, also. I hope that is all I need to solve my issue!
I'm 25 years old, my sons 2nd bday is mixed into all of this, I feel so bad for him not having all my attention. I'm a wreck. I'm also taking flagyl for bv, and it has made me dizzy, nauseous, and extremely irritable. I had crazy dreams last night, so I woke up in a slump - I just left a message for my nurse to call back with any info they have so far, I cant take the wait.
3.5 yrs ago, I had a 40 wk stillborn daughter, with no answer to why it happened. Supposedly, I was healthy, her autopsy showed nothing wrong with her. Since then; though Im so grateful for the heathy little boy I subsequently had, ive suffered serious bouts of depression. This news of possible cancer is enough to put me over the edge.
Please tell me your results, good or bad. I want to be ready when I go in for the leep, and when they finally call with biopsy results. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
(female)

tristaphia HB User
Re: waiting on biopsy, scared of cervical cancer!

Update - I heard from my nurse (after I called 2x) and she had some results. She explained it quickly and in a way I'm unsure about, so I could REALLY use some help here!! I have mild dysplasia on the end of my cervix, but up higher, near the uterus it sounded, I have varying degrees. A small section is mild, another part moderate, and another is high (she used the term "severe") I still have to wait a week for the LEEP...but is there still a good chance it will all be removed? I've heard people say low - moderate - OR high grade ... NEVER heard of so many different areas. I feel like I'm a giant tumor waiting to happen, even if they get rid of it for now. I'm not feeling any better

Closed Thread

Tags
biopsy, cervical cancer, colposcopy, leep procedure