It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
(female)

Lizabethian HB User
Cervical contractions?

Hi. I'm new here and have been reading for days and finally decided to post.

I recently found out I was (high risk) HPV+ and have gone through the whole deal of a colposcopy and biopsy and am now being recommended for a LEEP (3 biopsies and one came back moderate/CIN2). I've had one other bad pap (low grade abnormalities) 9 or 10 years ago as well.

I originally went in for suspected prolapse and some other issues but that kind of went to the wayside during the pap.

Does/did anyone ever get cervical contractions? I don't mean cramps. They are most definitely not cramps. I've had 3 kids and know the difference. lol I've been trying to figure out how best to describe it to my dr so that she doesn't think I've just being over the top to get my point across. It started a few months ago during a period and has been a reoccuring theme since then.

Could this be related to the other cervical issues I have going on? I've tried to google and see what information I can find but apparently no one ever gets it beyond childbirth. lol

Old 03-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
(female)

Feb122012 HB User
Re: Cervical contractions?

Am having the same issuses. And all sorts of other pains. I had a leep done feb 22 2012 My doc says am heali g great and that I can even start having sex in a few days. She told me to take pain meds and that am sensitive to pain. I do not think so. How are you doing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2012, 06:34 AM   #3
(female)

jenbrody HB User

Do you mean contractions like you have in labor? Unlike cramps you get during a period?
I'm asking because although they feel different, they are basically the same thing, and both involve the muscles of the uterus as well as the cervix. I'm trying to figure out what labor-like contractions of the cervix but not the uterus would feel like, and I'm not able to picture it. Also how severe are the contractions, how long do they last, etc.? I think to describe this to your doctor and get through to them you'd have to be more specific, and that would also probably give some clues as to what exactly is causing the contractions.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
(female)

Feb122012 HB User

I explained to the doctor how I was feeling about the pains and she said like contraction pains and I said yes but without the stabbing pain of the baby trying to come out.. I was going to tell contraction pains but I thought she might think I was over exadurating. She did say that's normal. Pipit I told her I got very weak and dizzy when I get them and that I would get them if I moved around and it would take hours before I feel better but as soon as I got up again to go to bathroom or eat something it the contractions would come back and the cycle would start again. My first spout of contractions started after she had to go back a week and a half after my leep, to but more monsel because I had uncontrollable bleeding . After that the contractions came. I was in bed for 5 days. And than Got up and around for almost a week . And then it took another turn but no bleeding and then I have been In bed for 5 days. Toady I finally feel better and ou and about and as am writin this am feeling them coming back with the weak feeling creeping up on me . Am going tomorrow to get a blood test. To make sure everything else's ok

Old 03-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
(female)

jenbrody HB User

That sounds VERY unpleasant. Sorry that's happening to you! I think I read somewhere that some cramping post-LEEP was normal, but what you're describing sounds like a lot more than "some cramping." And apparently you're not the only one having this issue. So how come we don't hear more about this from the doctors? This is why I'm so skeptical about having the LEEP procedure done.

Anyway, I think you're doing the right thing by going for a blood test. It definitely doesn't sound "normal" to me! I hope it resolves quickly. Please update us, both of you!

Closed Thread