It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
(female)

sabrina34 HB User
Going Crazy Waiting for CT Results

Hello all! I am brand new to these boards and am hoping someone can calm my fears (or at least put them in to perspective). Little background: I'm a 34-year-old pre-menopausal, have 3 children, was diagnosed with HPV 4 yrs ago, have had two colposcopies for cervical cancer - both negative, tubal 3 yrs ago. 9 mths ago I began having intermittent sharp pelvic pain near the location of my right ovary lasting anywhere from less than a minute to 10 mins. At first days or weeks would go by with no pain, the past 3 months the pain has increased to several times a day, completely unrelated to physical activity or bowel/eating habits. 2 mths ago I started bloating to the point my DH said I looked PG Yikes! Last month I began to have problems with incontinence and urgency. I have dismissed all of these seemingly unrelated symptoms. Until last week when I visited my GYN for a regular PAP. After asking me what seemed like a million ?s he asked me what I thought was going on. I said, "Nothing, 60% of patients with pelvic pain never find a reason." He agreed, but ordered a CT scan anyway. I was perfectly fine, not scared or worried in the slightest. I have hardly any risk factors for OC and am perfectly aware that all of my seemingly unrelated symptoms could be nothing or something as harmless as IBS. So why am I sooo terrified?!? The CT was done on 2/4, still no results. I'm hoping that no news is good news, but a part of my brain is choosing not to comprehend and now every time I look at one of my children I burst into tears. Does it normally take so long for results and am I the only one to have gone slightly (ok, more than slightly) bonkers waiting? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
(female)

Twixt HB UserTwixt HB User
Re: Going Crazy Waiting for CT Results

Hi Sabrina,

It's totally normal to feel worried while waiting for test results (if it makes you feel any better, I've been hugely worried about what the results will be for an upcoming MRI that I haven't even had yet).

The good news is that in most cases chances are very good that everything's benign.

If you haven't heard anything back at this point, things are most likely ok, but it's always best to be proactive when it comes to your healthcare - and your peace of mind.

I would suggest calling the doctor's office (the doctor who ordered the CT scan), and asking whether they've gotten the results yet. If they have gotten the results, you can make an appointment to speak with the doctor, and to get a copy of the results for your reference.

Having concrete answers from your doctor will be much better than not knowing the results and worrying about worst-case scenarios.

Hope this helps!

In the meantime, I'll send good thoughts your way.

Regards,

Twixt

Closed Thread