It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
(female)

Nkkbohl HB User
Question Test Results- How long??

Hi, I am 24 and had a colposcopy Friday, Feb 17. My doctor diagnosed me with CIN III, and I am just wondering when you all got your colpo./biopsy results back? I had two biopsies taken on my cervix, and an ECC. I know it's only been a few days, but every time the phone rings my heart jumps into my throat!

Thanks so much in advance for any info!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
(female)

Lizabethian HB User
Re: Test Results- How long??

I got mine back in 7 days. My annual pap took longer for results. I'm confused though as to how you already know it's CINIII. I didn't find out mine (CINII) until I got my colpo. results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
(female)

Nkkbohl HB User

Thanks for the reply! I guess I am just going to have to be patient, darn it!

I guess I worded that wrong, I don't have an official diagnosis, my gyn just said, when he was explaining to me what he saw, that his diagnosis was CIN III and that's what he wrote on the colpo. paper that he was taking notes on. I just assumed that that is what I have? I am still reading and learning about what all of this means!

Old 03-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
(female)

Nkkbohl HB User

UPDATE:

Well, I finally got called in to review my colpo. Results, and all 3 of the biopsies came back with absolutely no signs of dysplasia, which I thought was good news. My gyn, however looked totally dumbfounded. I have to schedule yet another brutal colposcopy because he thinks that maybe he didn't take big enough chunks out the first time. He seemed pretty perplexed as to how this could have happened, and even told me he could see the areas of dysplasia with his own eyes during the colpo. so there was no way that my biopsies could all come back normal. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Maybe my body is getting rid of it on it's own?? I have no idea.... I am just so sick of waiting for answers, and only getting more questions instead.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #5
(female)

Nkkbohl HB User

Yet another update:

Went in for my second colposcopy. Dr. took a couple more biopsies and said that regardless of the results he wanted to do a cone surgery because what he saw definitely didn't look normal and it covered too much of my cervix to do a LEEP. I agreed, and said "do what you think is best." I have my surgery scheduled for the beginning of April and hope that he gets it all with the cone.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
(female)

jenbrody HB User

Ouch. Get a second opinion, please!!!

How long are you going to let this doctor cut pieces out of your cervix without any laboratory evidence of an abnormality? The fact that he "diagnosed" CINIII before you'd even had a biopsy is very strange, since CINIII or any other CIN stage is a biopsy result.

Having a cone biopsy done is not innocuous. Please, at least be sure there's a good reason for having it done before you go along with the plan. And that means, not relying only on this one doctor's opinion. Talk to at least one other gynecologist first.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
(female)

Nkkbohl HB User

Thanks for the imput! Unfortunately, I do not have the means to find another doctor as my insurance only covers the one I am currently seeing. Be that as it may, I do trust my doctor and agree with the treatment he is recommending. The fact that they didn't see anything on the first biopsies, yet retested my pap and still found high grade abnormalties warrents further investigation. He could visably see during the second colposcopy that the infected area was too large for a LEEP, so recommended a cone. I go in for surgery next week, hopefully he gets it all! Wish me luck

Old 04-01-2012, 05:48 AM   #8
(female)

dpmoe HB User

NKK. Wanted to wish you the best of luck on your cone! I had one done 4 weeks ago. I can tell you that my experience was absolutely a breeze. I arrived at hospital morning of 3/5. Was quickly brought into the pre-op prep area (no nervous waiting around). One weird thing that I didn't expect (I always have weird things) was that upon arrival they wanted a urine sample to confirm that I wasn't pregnant. Well I had just peed before leaving and I am not one who can pee on demand. (And of course was not allowed to drink water). I just couldn't do it! I kept trying + getting more + more stressed. Finally the dr came + said can you give me three reasons to believe your not pregnant. I was able to convince her and we moved forward to the OR

I had never had surgery before so no idea what to expect. The OR was really cool looking + the anesthesia guys were totally cute. As soon as I got there one of the cuties put some sedative into my IV. It burned a little. My dr came over and rubbed my arm to help with the stinging. That is the last thing I remember

I woke up in recovery and was feeling uncomfortable and in moderate pain. I probably could have sucked it up but, heck, I'm in a hospital with all means and meds so I need only to express discomfort + right away some pain meds were added to my IV. This was the ONLY time in the past four weeks I experienced anyting one could call pain.

After a little while they wanted me to move from the bed to a reclining chair. Maybe got up too fast or something but I threw up (just a tiny bit) immediately. So they put me back in the bed, gave me some med in IV to settle my stomach + some ginger ale. After that I felt fine + was on my way home.

Came home, had some soup, took prescript ibuprophen + went to sleep. L8r woke + had some pasta + took another med + slept the whole night

Second day no pain only discomfort. Took maybe three of the prescript ibuprophen. After that just one pill a day (around 5) for the next week or so. Again, I could have sucked it up, but last time I checked no one was handing out awards for cone biopsy bravery, so I pampered myself and took the one med a day

I went back to work the Monday after the surgery and was back in action

Went through a rainbow of colors discharge_ pink, rust, bright red, brown, charcoal, and black. Never anything really gross or heavy (that gooey stuff from the colpolscopy was way more gross and disturbing)

Got my results 4 days after surgery (I can be pushy when need be). Good news is no cancer!! And ab cells have not moved beyond the surface of cervix. Bad news is they didn't get it all. Given that I'm 48 and get so freaked out we decided that rather than spend the next #? Years testing and biopsying to just do a total vaginal hysyerectomy (uturus+cervix only) and be done with it. I will tell you I am nervous on all sorts of rational and totally crazy levels, but am confident that it is the right thing to do for my physical + mental health. Keeping ovaries so no hormonal issues; vaginal not abdominal so no scar; and my dr assures me I will still be able to "party like a rock star" in bed

All the very best to you!!! (Save some pee for the hospital, and you will have a stress free cone! Lol)

Old 04-01-2012, 05:59 AM   #9
(female)

dpmoe HB User

NKK. Just want to make sure I didn't scare you in that my cone didn't get it all. The dr said there is a chance that the cone jump started my immune system + that the ab cells would reverse on their own. But my situation is I had this issue 20 years ago and at that time had laser removal of cells. Between that previous surgery and my naturally small cervix to begin with, there is less and less of me to test. Again, I am 48 and have one child + my baby making days are over. Also, as I mentioned I get so freaked. So while it may seem like overkill, we feel that the huystetrectomy is the best way for ME given all ythese factors (so don't freak + get scared + think that this would be the same road for you_

Good luck

D

Old 04-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #10
(female)

Nkkbohl HB User

Dpmoe-
Thanks for sharing your experience!! It's funny, I actually read your post about an hour before we left for the hospital and it was comforting to kind of know what to expect. I just had my cone done yesterday. I am sore today and still tired from yesterday. The anesthesia made me really sick all afternoon and so I spent most of it throwing up, but after my husband made me some soup (thanks for the idea ) and I got a little food in my tummy I was able to take some pain meds and sleep it off. I think the cramping is the worst of the pain, but the ibuprofen helps a lot. I am barely even bleeding! (hooray!) I have an appointment with my doctor next week to go over the results of the cone biopsy. Hopefully my margins will be clear and I can begin to put this behind me and move on!!

I hope that you are doing well with everything you have going on. (yay for no cancer!!) I think us women know our bodies pretty well and know what's best for them. Good luck with your hyster. I would think that would be like a giant weight lifted off your shoulders knowing that you got it all taken care of.

Again, thank you for your kind words, and the very best of luck to ya!

Old 04-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #11
(female)

Nkkbohl HB User

Good News!!!
I got my cone biopsy results today, and my margins were all clear!!! I had CIN III, (yuck) but he was very confident that he got it all! I litterally feel like a gigantic weight has been lifted from my shoulders!

Closed Thread