It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2012, 02:30 AM   #1
(female)

Elmo27 HB User
Atypical glandular cells of endocervical origin

Hello Everyone,

I'm very new to this so please be gentle with me!

I am 27 and had my first smear test about 1 and a half years ago and it came back as 'Borderline Changes' I was sent for a colposcopy. Nothing was found and I thought that was the end of it...

Unfortunately it wasn't...

My second smear test came back with 'atypical glandular cells of endocervical origin' within a week and a half I had another colposcopy appointment. My consultant found some abnormal cells and I had a Lletz treatment along with an endocerviacal samperling (biopsy to you and me!) After waiting nearly 6 weeks and being told 'everything was fine and I need to wait for the letter and come back in 6 months' I get a phone call from my consultants sectary to say 'actually we're not happy about something and need to do another procedure' I have another appointment in a week and I am so scared!

They wonít tell me anything and I'm obviously thinking the worst. Can't believe I kept on being told everything is fine when it's obviously not!

As anyone got any advice?
What could this 'other procedure' be?
Are there any good questions for me to ask when I see my consultant again?

Thank you in advance!

Elmo27 x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
(female)

Sunflowers13 HB User
Re: Atypical glandular cells of endocervical origin

Hi Elmo,

I'm going through the same thing you are! You can read my story if you click on my username, but basically I'm 29 and also had a pap smear back in Dec that was Atypical Glandular Cells - Favor Neoplasia. My regular gyn did a colposcopy, biopsy and ECC, and it came back as Microglandular Hyperplasia and CIN 1. He was confident that the problem was found and I just needed follow up. I did see a gyn oncologist who suggested a cold knife cone biopsy due to the favor neoplasia qualifier, however I preferred to wait and have a follow up pap in 3 months, considering my first gyn was confident they found the problem and I was hesitant to compromise my fertility and/or risk preterm birth with the cold knife cone when none of the biopsies came back as a high grade precancer.

Anyway, I had my follow up pap and ECC last week with a new gyn, and the doctor called and said they both came back normal. Great news, but he also said there was something about one of the ECC slides that bugged him a little, and he wanted to refer me to another gyn/oncologist to do a hysterescopy and take a look inside my cervix. Unfortunately, we have spent the last day and a half playing phone tag, so I have been unable to get more info. I just want this situation over with and I want to try to get pregnant ASAP!

Please keep me posted on how you are doing, and let me know what your doctors say!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2012, 01:52 AM   #3
(female)

Elmo27 HB User
Re: Atypical glandular cells of endocervical origin

Hi Sunflower,

Sorry I've taken a while to respond.

Thank you for you resonse though it's somehow comforting to know I'm not alone.

I went to my consultant and was told that me lletz had no clear margins so another lletz will have to be done. He said that the cells removed where pre cancerous and that there definatly was no cancer found (which was a relief) however he said that the pre cancer could take weeks or months to turn into cancer (no so much of a relief as it doesn't seem like a very long time!)

Have you had you're hysterescopy yet? How did it go?

xxx
So now I'm just waiting for an appointment for my next lletz. My main concern is the more of my cervix which is removed the more issues I can have falling prgnant/carrying full term. I'm only 27 and still want to wait a while but it scars me as I do want to have children.

Closed Thread