It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

gav_73 HB User
Rough patches and lump on cervix; nagging pelvic discomfort; painful intercourse

Hi ladies ~

Well, I am experiencing additional symptoms and found some areas on my cervix that seem worrisome. In addition to the constant, nagging, achy uterus/pelvic discomfort, painful intercourse, and irregular, heavy periods with huge clotting, I felt my cervix a couple days ago and it did not feel normal. Rather than the smooth, round and firm cervix you would expect to feel; I can feel a firm lump on the anterior lip of the cervix, and a rough patch on the posterior. I have read about Nabothian cysts and polyps, and that's probably what the lump is. But I have never noticed anything like this before. And it's after my cycle ended (BTW, for those of you who may be wondering, I have cervical/uterine decent so my cervix is very low and easily felt). I also had a hemorrhagic ovarian cyst noticed during a sono a month ago and I have never had one before (as far as I know). It was 4cm so not so small. Could it have been something else or is the cyst something I shouldn't worry about? Seems pretty common.

The earliest appointment my gyno had was at the end of May. However, they just called me and got me in this Thursday. And although I am very grateful that she makes herself so available to me, it also makes me scared.

I had abnormal pap in 2007, colposcopy and five biopsies that all turned out negative. Normal paps ever since. I have 3 children, but only one was born vaginally 20 years ago. So I wouldn't think my cervix would have changed much from having children, even though I had one in 2010 via C-section. I am pretty much right on schedule for my pap (1.5 years ago was my last one). I wouldn't think that something would have developed so quickly from then to now. Right?

Anyway, any advice would help.

Gwen

Last edited by gav_73; 04-17-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread