It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #1
(female)

jennysworried HB User
worried I have ovarian cancer

First time I've ever posted on a talk thread like this. I am out of mind worried. I have been bloated for over three weeks, have intermittent lower back pain, bowel irregularities and a little bit of pink spotting every day except the first week where I had actual red blood. I also have very little gas. I have had a lot of gynecological problems in the past: a cyst the size of a baseball (with none of these current symptoms), cervical dysplasia, uterine fibroids which I've had removed surgically three times and endometriosis for which I've also had surgery. This bloating is not an issue I've ever had with my past gyno problems. My belly is so distended that I look pregnant. I'm on the pill continually for my endometriosis but am wondering if taking one week off (do this at least once a year) for a "bleed out" could have something to do with the bloating. I skipped a week of pills starting exactly 4 weeks ago, did not bleed at all that week, then began bloating and bleeding shortly after I started my next pill pack. I can't find anything on the internet pointing to anything other than ovarian cancer that makes sense. Another thing I've noticed is when I lay down, I don't feel that full or bloated which makes me worried the bloat is due to fluid, like the fluid that comes from ovarian cancer. I had an exam and she said everything felt normal. The next step is the ultrasounds which I've hesitated on because of my high deductible plan. I'll have to pay $1200 out of pocket. I guess I have to do it but in the meantime I feel like I'm losing my mind over this worry. I'm 38 and have no history of any type of cancer on either side of my family. If anyone has any insight I would so appreciate it right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
(female)

corpswifekp HB User
Re: worried I have ovarian cancer

I don't have any insight or advice, but I wish you luck and hope everything turns out okay for you!

Old 06-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
(female)

hugeworrywart HB User

I too am VERY bloated from my current complex cyst (14cm). the bloat naturally gets smaller as i lay down as well. i have been to 4 doctors and all of them are leaning towards benign (even the gynecological oncologist). you can get many, many symptoms that mimic ovarian cancer, so don't freak yourself out! it is not worth getting yourself worked up about. try to be optimistic. i know it is easier said than done. i have been in your shoes (and still kind of am!) hope all goes well. i will pray for you

Old 06-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
(female)

glemis HB User

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm bloated, have some cramping and stabbing pain in both ovaries, have upper back pain that comes and goes. I've had ovarian cysts before but I didn't have symptoms quite like this. I'm 52 and worried. Everything I read online points to ovarian cancer. What else could cause these symptoms?

Old 06-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
(female)

WonderWomanof3 HB UserWonderWomanof3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by glemis View Post
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm bloated, have some cramping and stabbing pain in both ovaries, have upper back pain that comes and goes. I've had ovarian cysts before but I didn't have symptoms quite like this. I'm 52 and worried. Everything I read online points to ovarian cancer. What else could cause these symptoms?

From what I've read, just your plain-old-everyday cyst can cause the same symptoms as ovarian cancer. Please know that ovarian cancer is very, very rare.

I try not to worry until someone tells me to but I do seek answers. I hope you ladies find out what is going on.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:50 AM   #6
(female)

Wakaruria HB User

Hurry and do all tests necessary. My sister who is 33 was diagnosed with ovarian cancer stage four in June. She often felt bloated and had painful periods but was told there was nothing to worry about. You must face this head on, if anything is the matter and is discovered early you will be able to fight. Everyday counts. Get someone to support you. You are in my prayers.

Closed Thread