It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
(female)

LCLC HB User
lets put it this way

Has anyone ever been told during a colposcopy that half of their cervix was white and abnormal, but need to wait for results of two biopsies, and NOT had to have some sort of treatment such as LEEP?????

someone please please write back

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
(female)

tevs HB User
Re: lets put it this way

Hi,
I have not been told that half of cervix was white & abnormal but I have had a colposcopy and biopsy of several white area's of my cervix. While waiting on the biopsy results, no treatment was given. The biopsy came back normal and I ended up having another pap 6 months later that was normal. Many things other than cancer can cause these abnormal looking areas on the cervix. The wait is hard and I totally understand that you are feeling anxious (I suffer from GAD especially around any medical condition) but you will have the results soon and then a course of treatment can be established or may not even be needed such as in my case. Keep us posted. Thoughts and prayers your way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #3
(female)

L19 HB User
Re: lets put it this way

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCLC View Post
Has anyone ever been told during a colposcopy that half of their cervix was white and abnormal, but need to wait for results of two biopsies, and NOT had to have some sort of treatment such as LEEP?????

someone please please write back
My doc didn't quite put it like that but she said i have "abnormal looking cells on my cervix" and while waiting for the biop to come back giving the results, indicating the next step, no treatment should be given.

when the results come back, they will discuss with you a treatment.

the reason no treatment is given is because they want as little interference as possible to the affected area during the while that the results take to be tested, viewed, read, and to draw a conclusion.

Closed Thread