It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
(female)

caro1inagir1 HB User
Complex Mixed Cystic & Solid Adnexal/Ovarian Mass

I just received my radiology report back & it states the following:

Procedure: Multiple sagittal & transverse, transabdominal & transvaginal images were obtained.

Findings: Complex mixed cystic & solid right adnexal/ovarian mass. No free fluid identified. Entire region of right ovary very enlarged measuring 7 X 3.2 cm. left ovary measures 2 X 2.5 X 3.9 cm. abnormal thickening of endometrium measuring 15mm. Ovarian neoplastic process is not excluded given the appearance of the right ovary and adnexal region.

Uterus measures 8.8 X 5.5 X 4.5cm. Endometrial stripe measures 1.5cm.

My symptoms are bloating, irregular / prolonged menstral cycles, spotting, heavy bleeding & clotting, constipation, lower abdomenal pain (sometimes to the point it bends me over), pain during intercourse, infertility

My question is: What does all of this mean?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
(female)

sweetchksgrl HB User
Re: Complex Mixed Cystic & Solid Adnexal/Ovarian Mass

Hi caro1inagirl1,
so sorry you are going thru this. I too was recently diagnosed with a complex lesion on my ovary. I am still waiting to be seen by a gynecologist. your report does not specify what size the lesion is though. did they tell you? your right ovary is enlarged because of this. no free fluid is a good thing. My lesion is 2.7cm and was said to have internal septations and echoes. I came to this site hoping to get some comfort and encouragement but nobody has answered my post. Please let me know what you find out. My appt is not until oct 15th and of course everything I read online points to cancer. I am trying to stay positive as I have three small children who need me.

Last edited by mod85; 09-20-2012 at 01:50 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to sweetchksgrl:
caro1inagir1 (09-21-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
(female)

caro1inagir1 HB User

Hi, sweetchksgrl. I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this too. A dear friend of mine's grandmother is an RN. She told me the neoplastic process means I have some sort of tumor & that I need to have it taken care of as soon as possible. She said she would have her OBGYN refer her to a gyn oc if she were me. I go back to my OBGYN this coming Wednesday (Sept. 26th), so I am going to ask for this while I am there. I will update you & let you know what I find out. I too have a child who is dependant upon me. The Internet scares me, which is why I reached out to my friend to ask her grandmother to read my report. Stay positive & I will try to as well.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
(female)

caro1inagir1 HB User

I should have included that I am in my mid thirties & am premenopausal. Her grandmother stated that if she were me, she would have a hysterectomy.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #5
(female)

caro1inagir1 HB User

I posted my radiology report to a board where doctors reply. I was given the following information:

HI,
The ultrasound report suggests that there is endometrial hyperplasia which can be secondary to the ovarian mass which has been noted on the right ovary. This may be responsible for excessive bleeding during menses and pain in abdomen. Clinical correlation is necessary. Consult your gynaecologist. Hope this helps.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #6
(female)

sweetchksgrl HB User

Just checking to see how you are doing. I hope you find out soon what is going on. all this waiting is very stressful. I have to wait until Oct 15th for my gynecology appt. I too am in my mid 30's. Everytime I look at my children, I want to cry because I am so scared of leaving them. they are the world to me. I am trying to stay positive but it is hard. I have done a lot of research on here and I think it is best if I stop searching for now. Please come back and keep me updated. I will do the same!

Closed Thread