It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
(female)

quanta22 HB User
Question are these symptoms normal for ovarian cysts?

Okay,

Pain in right ovary it seems
Shooting upward toward my rib cage ina straight line
Pain shooting down my right leg to my knee
Toes and bottom part of foot going through large noticable muscle spasms
Tender belly but that could be my colitis
Nausea
Brief fever but went away after 45 min
Gaining weight is extreemly difficult for me but I gained 8lbs in less then a week
Bloated
Need to pee
Painful to have intercourse in certain positions, not enjoyable anymore
Some of these symptoms have been constant but the spasms and ovary pain is before and during my cycle
What's really weird is normally my period is excruciating all over but this one was specific to one side and walking, laying down, couldn't escape pain.
Kindve gone now but still feel suttle pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2012, 02:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: are these symptoms normal for ovarian cysts?

Your symptoms could be ovarian cyst related or possible endometriosis. Complications of colitis can cause similar symptoms but less likely since on right side (unless you have Crohn's). Have you seen your GYN? I would and a pelvic ultrasound would be advisable when you are having the pain to see if there is fluid in the abdomen or a cyst.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
(female)

quanta22 HB User

Thank you for your reply, I don't have health insurance right now. Was considering going to the er then file for temporary coverage by the state because I make well under the poverty line. Have you ever had you toes and foot twitch because of an ovarian cyst?

Old 09-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

No, that isn't a common symptom. Cramps in the foot and toes can be from calcium or magnesium deficiency. You might try those as supplements or drink V8 juice, as it is high in both. Not saying it couldn't be related, just never heard of it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
quanta22 (09-26-2012)
Old 09-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
(female)

quanta22 HB User

I appreciate your replies. I also had two ectopic pregnancys about two years ago, one that nearly killed me. I lost both tubes. I had an abnormal pap but figured it was related to the ectopic. Lost my insurance after so I never followed up. I'm to a point where I am getting nervouse about not being more cautious and not taking better care of myself in terms of seeing doctors and making sure I follow up. Again thank you. I will be buying v8 at the grocery store to see if it remedies my annoying foot spasms, starting to get charley horses from it.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

luvbug412 HB Userluvbug412 HB User

I was diagnosed with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) at the beginning of the year and when changing my eating habits (as in fasting) didn't change a whole lot of how my gut felt, found out I had a dermoid cyst on my right ovary. That got taken out (the whole ovary) because of intense pain in the pelvic area, painful periods, back pain, sciatic like pain (but wasn't since no meds I had taken before to relieve muscle / nerve pain helped), painful intercourse, and constantly needing to pee.

So eating changed (check), my "little alien" removed (check), but was still having a lot of stomach discomfort.

On the right side I STILL had a lot of pain THAT ended up being my gall bladder! I had to have that removed because when gall stones were lodging I was getting violently ill, in a ton of pain on the right side (both lower abdomen into pelvic region) and up into shoulders and between shoulder blades. It (the gall bladder) can cause nausea, tender stomach, back pain, shoulder pain, torso discomfort (because on occasion my left side hurt too), and bloating and fever if there are issues with the stones moving or an infection.

I call my stomach triad of 2012 :P .. I've been poked, prodded, and looked at both inside and out.

Good luck!!!!

Closed Thread