It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
(female)

nutshell87 HB User
Post sex bleeding 4 months after having laser ablation to cervix

I was hoping to find some others out there that might have experienced something similar - I had my second procedure in a year for CINII in June, and have experience no abnormal bleeding since (except the healing straight after) for four months until last week, when during and after sex I bled quite a lot of bright red blood, but no pain. This stresses and panics me quite a bit, because this was the original symptom that led to my diagnosis of HPV and dysplasia in the first place over a year ago...
I went to my GP who said my cervix looked healthy, and have an appointment at the hospital for the follow up to the op in a few weeks, but can't get an earlier appointment. When I called the hospital the nurse said the bleeding was likely to be the 'glandular tissue' which is exposed/healing. I know I should stay calm until my appointment but the sudden bleeding was alarming and I can't find that much information as to whether this is normal or others have experienced similar things? Any help would be appreciated

Closed Thread