It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
(female)

rachybaby HB User
Unhappy Abormal Pap - Cervical Cancer?

Heya people..

Sorry for posting this but I didn't know where else to go and you guys are always here.

I recently had my first pap test (i'm 25 and in the UK) and the result came back abnormal. (I know, on my first ever one).. anyway.. not i'm freaking out cos ive got to have a colscopy to have a closer look. ICK! Long story short I'm panicking that its the BIG C! (((( I have tested positive for HPV as well which isn't helping my mind.

Any advice, stories or general notes on the subject will be a great help.

Thanks in advance

RiRi

Old 10-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
(female)

KittyKattie HB User
Re: Abormal Pap - Cervical Cancer?

I had that at about your age. Turned out just to be abnormal cells and I needed a LEEP procedure to remove them. My Pap results were Class 3, not sure if they are done the same way in the UK though. I was worried about cancer also but my doc reassured me that the chances of that were very unlikely at my age. Just wanted to tell you my situation in hopes of easing your worries!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #3
(female)

rachybaby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKattie View Post
I had that at about your age. Turned out just to be abnormal cells and I needed a LEEP procedure to remove them. My Pap results were Class 3, not sure if they are done the same way in the UK though. I was worried about cancer also but my doc reassured me that the chances of that were very unlikely at my age. Just wanted to tell you my situation in hopes of easing your worries!
Thankyou for your reply!

It's strange to think that women all over the world worry about it. My letter said I had borderline changes. So I have no idea what that means. I went to the drs and basically told them that I was terrified I had cancer. They said I hadn't and my mind still isn't at ease!! I'm not sleeping at all and its taking up most of my time thinking about it.. xxxxxxx

Old 10-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

luvbug412 HB Userluvbug412 HB User

I've been dealing with a trail of abnormal paps now for ... 4 years (maybe longer). I had CIN 3, which turned out to be AIS (adenocarcinoma in situ) followed by a roller coaster of HPV+ (my body refuses to clear it) and abnormal paps about every 2 years. The latest was just today.

I've never gotten used to it yet. It's always the last one before i go back to a normal schedule. This time it was HPV+ with abnormal endo-cervical findings. So back to the gyn I go.

I panicked a lot as well when with the first one. What am I saying, I still panic! It kind of takes the wind out of your sails and then you sit, stare, read as much as you can, and end up scaring yourself silly. Been there, done that, didn't even get a t-shirt!

My colpo is scheduled for Wed morning, so I can report back if you think it will help, but I've been through three of them, a uterine biopsy, and a LEEP. Out of all of them the uterine biopsy was by far the worst. It made the colpos seem like a piece of cake.

The good news is that normally (saying something about me, isn't it), evidence of HPV isn't seen after 1-2 years. There is no real true understanding if the virus goes dormant completely or is wiped out. But, the good thing is its (whatever it is) has been found and not left go. So while you are freaking out (I am right there with you) at least something is being done about it!!!

Good luck!

Last edited by luvbug412; 10-08-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:22 AM   #5
(female)

rachybaby HB User

Yeah you're completely right!

At least I have gone for my pap and I'm going for my colscopy.

Anything that I have got can be got rid of.

It still bothers me and I know for fact when thursday comes round I'll be feeling sick and nervous and scared. But whatever they find is in my body whether I go to the doctors or not. And if there is anything then it sure as hell aint staying!

I'm not sleeping though.. and it's making me really run down and I'm coming down with cold.

Closed Thread