It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
(female)

Kthom75 HB User
ultrasound questions

HI guys so I had my ultrasound today. I was wondering is it normal for one ovary to look totally different than the other? Of course she couldn't tell me anything so now I am waiting to hear on Monday from the doc.. ugh going to be a long couple of days.

Thanks!!
Karrie

Old 10-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

luvbug412 HB Userluvbug412 HB User
Re: ultrasound questions

Good luck Karrie!! I didn't know I had an "abnormal" one until the Dr told me. I had an ultrasound down and they found a dermoid cyst (or the one that I personally referred to as my "little alien"). I had the ovary removed earlier this year via lap.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #3
(female)

Kthom75 HB User

Thanks for the reply! Still waiting on the ultrasound all the biopsies came back normal. It makes me nervous though because it ws supposed to be given to my Doc on Monday ...he Saudi he would email results and here it is Wednesday and still no news. Just wish they would hurry up.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
(female)

lelou HB User

Hi There,

I'm so sorry to hear you haven't received your results yet, i no its worrying, especially having to wait for the results at your Doctors, I've been there so many times,

I can't be certain but it may be an ovarian cyst of some kind, most of them are benign, so try not to worry to much sweetie,

I've had loads of ultrasounds over the years, too many to mention, and i had suffered with ovarian cysts for many years, the cysts i had were usually on the right side of my ovary, when a ovary looks different to the other on an Ultrasound scan it sometimes can indicates a cyst, there are different kinds of cysts, polycystic ovary syndrome, where there are usually a cluster of cysts, and there are also ones that are fluid filled cysts, the kind i had, where an egg hasn't released at ovulation and turnes into a fluid filled sack, many go on there own accord, unless they have grown to large & need surgery, and usually need draining, or even cut away, there are dermoid cysts that can actually be with a person from birth, they are usually clusters of hair & teeth and other material that have grown into a solid mass over a long period of time,

Do you mind if i ask you if you have swelling to your belly, any back ache usually on the one side, & lower pain in your abdomen, near where your ovaries would be? also pain when you pee, if yes to some of these questions then I'd bet its an Ovarian cyst, there are many treatments for cysts there days hun!!

I hope all goes well for you hun

Please let me no how you get on with the results when you finally get them!

All the best

Lelou x

Closed Thread