It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #1
(female)

Shabbychic48 HB User
High grade abnormal pap

Hi all. I am sitting here in tears just so worried about my abnormal pap that came back with high grade something or other (im still learning this lingo). The nurse said I need to come in ASAP for a colposcopy (sp?) to figure out the next steps. I'm so worried as I was diagnosed with HPV a few years ago and after time my paps came back normal and the virus had disappeared so I haven't seen an obgyn for about 4 years (I know, I know) until I finally forced myself to go again in my new town. I'm so worried in this time that its obviously come back and now I could have just let cancer grow inside of me all these years? I'm only 26 and am planning on having a family soon with my husband but now I'm so worried about a multitude of things- is it even possible? I've been scouring the web for hours only to scare myself into a tailspin. Can anyone with similar experience offer some advice and let me know what your experience has been?

Old 10-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
(female)

Kthom75 HB User
Re: High grade abnormal pap

Its def scary I had CIN 3 about 10 yrs ago was close to your age. They did LEEP and removed the bad stuff. I went on to have 2 kids. Only issue I had was scar tissue holding the cervix shut with the first pregnancy after. The next was fine. The good thing is they found it and the stuff on th cervix is usually slower growing. I would ask for specific results and do some reading. Hang in there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread