It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
(female)

jwalker13 HB User
Need help interpreting LEEP result. HELP NEED ADVICE

About a month ago, I received a call that my pap was abnormal. I went and got a colposcopy done. My doctor called with the results and said the abnormalities on the outside of the cervix were benign but that the tissue sample from the inside came back as CIN II. (Does this mean that an ECC was done?)

So, she recommended a LEEP procedure. I had that done about a week ago, and she called me this morning and explained that my LEEP pathology came back as no abnormalities found. She said this can mean one of two things a) The CIN II abnormality was small, and the biopsy plus my body's reaction to the inflammation took care of it or b) She didn't get the lesion in the LEEP. She advised that I come back in 6 months for a follow up pap, and if abnormalities are found, we may have to consider a different procedure.

I have tons of questions, and it's obviously VERY frustrating to hear that she may not have gotten the area that needed to be removed and I went through that for nothing, and will have to go through that again in another 6 months. Has anyone had an experience with a similar situation? Particularly, where the CIN was diagnosed in the cervical canal and then the LEEP came back negative? My concern is that since you can't see in the canal, it was completely missed and it's still growing inside me and progressing towards cancer.

I'd really love anyone's advice. I'm driving myself insane here!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
(female)

Kthom75 HB User
Re: Need help interpreting LEEP result. HELP NEED ADVICE

Ya that sounds weird. I would suggest clarifying that it was indeed from the sample from inside the cervix. I had CIN III on the outside and they did the LEEP and when they looked at it they saw the same thing on there and that they had gotten it all off. They then did a repeat pap I can't remember how long after the LEEP but not 6 months much shorter probably like 3 and they also rechecked inside my cervix because they thought there was some there but decided they must have scraped the outside stuff when pulling the inside scrape out. If that makes any sense. The good thing is CIN II is not yet cancer so if it does progress which they say it is one of the slower growing types of things it should be ok in 6 months. But sounds like you need more clarification. I know how it goes I drive myself nuts regularly!
Karrie

Closed Thread