It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
(female)

Lucas634 HB User
Right Lower Abdominal pain

Hello, I have been experiencing lower right abdominal pain/discomfort for about 2 months. It is almost nil in the morning and then pain occurs at various times throughout the day/evening. At times the pain is just a aching discomfort. Other times it can be a bit sharp in nature. There is no tenderness upon touch. I have no other symptoms. I just had my annual visit with my ob/gyn who did a pap and internal exam telling me what I already knew for years. I have quite a bit of uterine fibroids. I also have heavy periods although recently they can be normal. I am 51 years old and believe I am beginning menopause. I have missed a period here and there, but no other symptoms. Back in January I was told my hemoglobin was very low and in August the doctor put me on B12 and iron. It has slowly been going up since then. I recently had a colonoscopy that was normal and the ob/gyn said nothing. I am not sure what the problem can be, I am scheduled for an internal sonogram to find the status of my fibroids. The area I am speaking of is very low in the right abdomin almost near the top of my right leg. Any insight to what could be the problem as I am concerned.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
(female)

She Emerges HB User
Re: Right Lower Abdominal pain

Sounds like one of two things.. the fibroids or have you ever had ovarian cyst? I get pain in that very spot you are talking of with cyst on my ovary.. the ultrasound will show cyst if one is there. good luck and keep me posted

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
(female)

Lucas634 HB User

Hi There, Thank you so much for your reply and information. I have a sonogram schedule next week and hopefully will find out. I do and have had many fibroids for many years so I think you may be right. Funny, though after 2-3 months of this pain, last week it subsided. Very strange and scary.
Thanks again for your post. I'll let you know when I hear back.

The following user gives a hug of support to Lucas634:
She Emerges (11-24-2012)
Old 11-04-2012, 06:02 AM   #4
(female)

She Emerges HB User

I have had cyst almost every month for the last 4.5 yrs. never as bad as its been till September till now. I have a complex cyst about 4" now the fluid that was in it ruptured. I have had one ultrasound and she want a repeat done in 6 weeks so in December I have the next one. She said hopefully with a few cycles it will have gone down but all I have read they don't they have to be removed. but she was already saying the ovary was coming out.
Best wishes I know it stinks!!

Old 11-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
(female)

She Emerges HB User

just wondering what you found out from the ultrasound?? I have 2 1/2 weeks till mine and yep still in pain.. I hope your better

Closed Thread