It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

lomipo HB User
Post After: Colposcopy, ECC, & Biopsy

I had my first colposcopy today, during which an ECC and 1 biopsy were performed. I was so nervous about this procedure since I made the appointment 3 weeks ago. I totally overreacted. The whole thing basically felt like a longer, rougher Pap. Even the punch biopsy didn't feel much different than an aggressive Pap. The whole thing was really fast too.

I asked my doctor if I could pass on the Monsel's solution that is used to stop the bleeding (because I didn't want to deal with the gross discharge). She said, "Absolutely. You will stop bleeding on your own, so if the blood doesn't freak you out, there is no reason you need the Monsel's." She also said I could wear a tampon immediately. I was really surprised since everything I've read says you're not supposed to use tampons days to weeks after an ECC and/or biopsy. I even asked her again about tampons because I'll be getting my period in 4 days, and I don't want to wear pads. I hate, hate, hate pads. It's like wearing a diaper.

I love my doctor (she is great and has never given me bad advice or counsel) but, I'm still nervous about the healing with tampons. However, I hate pads so much I am wearing tampons anyway since my doctor gave the okay. Has anyone else had a similar experience? What about not using the Monsel's solution after the ECC and biopsy? My bleeding hasn't been bad today (no more than a regular period before I was on the pill). I'm sure I made the right call to pass on the Monsel's, still wondering about the tampons though...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread