It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
(female)

misschino HB User
Urinary Frequency and pelvic pain. Cyst or Cancer?

I'm hoping I hear from others with similar experiences as I'm a bit of nervous wreck right now. I've been having urinary frequency and lower left pelvic pain for last month or so. I'm having a pelvic ultrasound tomorrow to see whether I have anything to be concerned about. I keep thinking it's ovarian cancer.

Could cysts cause urinary problem with pelvic pain?

I'm hoping someone can calme me down or give me some wise words.

Thank you!
Helen

Old 11-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
(female)

clichti HB User
Re: Urinary Frequency and pelvic pain. Cyst or Cancer?

Hi there,

I have the exact same fear right now, so I know what you're going through. Sucks, big time. I have a pap tomorrow, and will get an ultrasound referral from there.

How old are you? Did your doctor notice anything by way of masses when he/she examined you?

I think that cysts, whether benign or not, can basically all cause the same issues. At least, that's what I've found in my research. If you think about it, a mass is a mass, right? So, regardless of what kind of mass, any one of them can cause abdominal pain, back pain, bloating, urinary urgency, etc.

I've also read that upwards of 90% of cysts are not cancerous, in women of reproductive age, so that should make you feel a bit better I hope!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
(female)

misschino HB User

I haven't got my ultrasound result just yet. Waiting kinda sucks but I will be relieved to find out what is wrong with me. The doctor didn't find any mass but she thought my left side/ovary felt tender and full. That could mean so many things so I try not to panic. Good luck with your pap, and let me know how your ultrasound went.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
(female)

clichti HB User

Absolutely, swollen and tender can mean anything. Really, try not to worry easier said than done, I know!

My pap was fine. Doctor didn't feel or see anything strange. Upon my insisting, I got an ultrasound referral for next Wednesday. Obviously, I'm going to try to have that pushed up, as I will go nuts waiting.

Have you been pushing or poking around your abdomen at all? I have been doing that, trying to find masses, which could potentially explain the tenderness and/or fullness.

Keep me posted.

Closed Thread