It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
(female)

MandMMomma HB User
Exclamation Lap & Leep on Monday

Hello ladies
I hope I don't offend anyone by posting in here. I have NOT been diagnosed with cervical cancer... But I'm getting my leep results on Monday.
I will brief you on my situation...
I found out I was pregnant on 10-20-11. After trying for 2 years! I had gone in for an annual pap a few weeks prior. (Beginning of Oct.)
My pap came back abnormal. He was concerned and sent me to an oncologist. I saw him a few times during my pregnancy along with my obgyn.
Well in march my cervix was showing more progression so he did a colposcopy and a biopsy. Since I was pregnant it was a concern on how much he could take. My results came back "carcinoma in situ. Severe dysplasia. Unable to determine if cancer." But being that I wasn't due until the end of June there was nothing more we could do.
So after I delivered I went for another annual with my gyn. (3 months postpartum. Oct 2012) Pap came back high grade. He scheduled me for another colposcopy on November 6th. (About a month later) When I went in, he put in the speculum and said "oh, it's clearly visible to the naked eye now. I don't even need my colposcope." He continued to say "get dressed and meet me in my office"
We reviewed all my paps, biopsies, notes from the oncologist. He did not do a biopsy this day. He said we were just going to schedule to do a leep, and lap. (I also have endometriosis, hemoragic cysts on my ovaries, and a fibroid in my uterus.)
Surgery day. This Monday. November 26th.
Lap showed that the lesions had not "eaten through to the other side" but he did take a huge, huge chunk of my cervix to send off and biopsy. He said he is very concerned about the lesions being visible.

Can anyone help me??
Everything I've googled that talks about "visible lesions" says Stage 1B(1 or 2)
True? I know I have to wait for the biopsy results to be 100% sure.
But ANY input would be great!!!
Thank you!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread