HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-cervical-ovarian/)
-   -   Atypical Glandular Cells - freaking out (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-cervical-ovarian/933387-atypical-glandular-cells-freaking-out.html)

revanche24 12-29-2012 03:32 PM

Atypical Glandular Cells - freaking out

I just received a diagnosis of Atypical Glandular Cells from my last PAP. I had a colposcopy with a cervical and endometrial biopsy this past Wednesday.

I am awaiting the results of the tests, I'm trying to stay positive but I'm very nervous and upset. I haven't been sleeping at night and my appetite is gone.

I am hoping to get some feedback from anyone with experience with this. Am I overly freaking out??

kjm8163 12-30-2012 04:51 AM

Re: Atypical Glandular Cells - freaking out

I am in a similar situation right now. I had a pap in November that came back with atypical glandular cells and ASC-H, so I had the cervical and endometrial biopsies on Dec. 11. My cervical biopsy results showed AIS so I have a cone biopsy scheduled for Jan. 10 to see whether it is only AIS or whether it is invasive. I am also trying to think positive and not worry until I am certain what I am dealing with.

Let me know what your test results show and in the meantime, try to focus on other things (easier said than done, I know).

revanche24 12-30-2012 08:43 AM

Thanks - I will definitely let you know what the results are. I'm sorry to hear about your results, I hope everything goes well with your procedure next month. Its just so hard to think about anything else..on top of that I'm dealing with other family stuff and I just can't sleep right and my appetite is lost some where. But I'll try to focus on something else in the meantime. I just got another 3 days to wait anyway so just have to hold on a little more.

revanche24 01-02-2013 11:31 AM

Hi - just wanted to let you know I heard back from my GYN today and he said my biopsy came back normal. He wants me to come back in 3 months to test me again. Its weird because I should be happy but my mind is still not at ease for some reason.

kjm8163 01-02-2013 05:16 PM

I'm glad to hear the biopsy came back negative but I understand your unease. I hope things continue to be clear, but be certain to go to the 3 month appointment as the glandular cells tend to be trickier than squamous cell abnormalities.

revanche24 01-03-2013 02:22 PM

Thanks, and yes I will definitely make sure to go back in 3 months for my follow up. I guess my unease is that it's not quite over.

I know your biopsy is next week. Please let me know how that goes and good luck.

kjm8163 01-10-2013 10:26 AM

I had my LEEP cone biopsy today, as well as a D&C and am feeling pretty good. Mild pain and cramping, but nothing too bad. I had iv sedation and remember nothing after moving from the gurney to the operating table until I woke up toward the end of what I believe was the D&C (mild pain and pressure) and then she was done. The procedure was scheduled for 7:30 and I was on the road home by 9:30.

Now I just have to wait for the results, which the doctor said I should have by the middle of next week.

revanche24 01-18-2013 01:24 PM

Hi - sorry I haven't replied sooner. I got laid off last week so things have been a bit crazy. Glad to hear the procedure went well and that is wasn't too painful. Have you received your results yet? I hope all is well.

kjm8163 01-20-2013 05:15 AM

The results were very good. They think we caught it very early and that the first biopsy removed all of the AIS. All the cone biopsy showed was CIN 1. For now, her recommendation is to follow it closely with paps every 4 months to ensure no glandular cells show up. Thanks for following-up; I'm very relieved, but also a little apprehensive like you were (is something hiding).