It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
(female)

janedoras HB User
Cleared... then it came back :(

Hi - I am new to these boards. Had first abnormal pap in Feb '11 - then cleasred it and HPV thru healthy eating and supplements.Once I got the all clear I went back to eating candies etc again... Anyway now I have HGSIL - and schedueld for a LEEP at end of Jan.
I am no healthy eating, never smoked, not overweight, married 11 years, it just seems so unfair... Anyway have any of you taken on supplements, eating plan? had any luck? thank u so much it is so nice to know I am not the only HPVer!
PS is LEEP common? Do u know many ladies had it done ? When I mentioned it to my best friend she had no idea and neither did my sister, thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Erie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB User
Re: Cleared it ....then it came back :(

You are definitely not alone. My fist experience with this was around 2005/2006. After trying the wait and see method my dr advised the LEEP. After that I never had a bad pap. Fastforward to Feb 2012 another abnormal pap. My dr didn't seem concerned but did a biopsy. She thought it looked pretty harmless but waited for the results. It came back pretty bad so I had another LEEP. She was shocked because I'm healthy, no smoker, and haven't had sex since the first LEEP. Then my August pap showed it was getting worse and she referred me to an gynocologist oncologist, where I had my third LEEP. I'm not married and I don't have kids yet, so it's all been very scary trying to preserve fertility.
That being said, I'm one of those rare extreme cases! My second time going through this, I talked to my friends and close female coworkers and I was amazed how many of us have had to go through with this. Even more so, women can get HPV and never know because their body gets rid of it. Or by doing some easy lifestyle changes can reverse the effects.
I have done some googling on the topic of vitamins, and there is lots of info on different types that people swear by, but I havent tried that route.
I wish you good luck on your upcoming procedure. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask!
Erin
12/2012 Arthroscopy, impingement removed with Brostrom-Evans procedure

The Following User Says Thank You to Erie0385 For This Useful Post:
janedoras (01-09-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
(female)

janedoras HB User

Hey thanks for your post -so nice to hear that many others are in the same boat. Also curious that you had not had sex and since and then got the abnormal again. I was interested bc I have not been having as much sex with my husband bc of fear of reinfection, but I guess that may not have reinfected me -once u have it you will always have it (Hpv) I do have kids so I guess I am not thinking about fertility at all but I wish you all the best in that. It is very lonely to deal with. People are asking me " so how was your christmas break ". I have to stop myself from telling them " we'll my Gyno phoned me very upset the day after Xmas to say I have hgsil". Again thank u for your answers and all the best to u.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Erie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB User

No problem. I came here searching for more answers after my second round with this. I was actaully on vacation when I got the call from my doctors office, and it was hard enjoying my vacation when I heard, you have CIN111 and we're refering you to an oncologist. Then I came home and everyone wanted to know how awesome my vacation was. I can't just blurt out, well I almost have cancer!
From how I understand it, is if (as an example) you husband has it, it infects you, you cannot be "reinfected" with the same strain. Now if he cheats, gets another strain, you could be infected with that new strain. Of course this is all hypothetical, but a situation that is possible.
If this is something that is reoccuring and you cannot clear this, a hysterectomy is an option. An option I was presented with, but declined at this time. There is also a lot if info on these boards about having a hersterectomy to clear this.
I wish you the best of luck,
Erin
12/2012 Arthroscopy, impingement removed with Brostrom-Evans procedure

Reply Reply