It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
(female)

RachaelPie HB User
31 years old and first abnormal pap

I am really freaking out. I have always always had normal paps. My periods are like clockwork even when I am not on BC pills. Periods are also very normal. I have been on and off BC pills for many years and have had 2 pregnancies and 2 kids. So anyway. I had a pap smear last week and just got a call from my obgyn who said that it was negative for HPV BUT I had abnormal cells. That is ALL she said and that I would need to re-check via another pap smear in a YEAR?? She said she thought the abnormal cells were due to inflammation. Should I get a 2nd opinion or go back sooner to get another pap because I feel like a year is an awful long time. Also why would I have inflammation? She did not even address that issue. What should I do? Should I be worried?

Old 02-08-2013, 03:12 AM   #2
(female)

jal915 HB User
Re: 31 years old and first abnormal pap

Call and ask what grade your pap smear was. If you had an ASCUS pap but you were negative for HPV then your abnormal pap was due to inflammation or an infection. You should not be worried. I had an LSIL pap with HPV last Feb. By October my pap had reverted back to normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply