It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
(female)

OrangeTLC HB User
Unhappy Severe cirvical displasia

Hello. Im new here and im writing this message because i feel like i need peace of mind. Maybe someone else is going through what im going through. Last year my pap came back abnormal. Went in for a colpo and biopsy. That came back as moderate to severe displasia. Dr recommended a LEEP. I went through with it (was somewhat painful but not as bad as i thought) Just had my check up pap to see how things were down there(to see if it was gone or not) JUst got a call from doc, and its severe now. I have to go back for another colpo and biopsy. She says if that still comes back as severe than she has to refer me to Tampa(which is a big city here in fl) to do yet another LEEP. I dont understand why this is so complected and why isnt it going away? I am beyond upset, frustrated and SCARED! I dont have any children but plan on having them one day. She says i could be close to developing cervical cancer and that would deter me from ever having kids. Not only that, but ever since the leep, my down stairs hasnt been the same (dryness when trying to have intercourse) Not fun for either of us. Is there anyone out there that has or is going through the same thing i am? My doc says she only sees 3 cases per year like mine. That scares me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Erie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB User
Re: Severe cirvical displasia

You are NOT alone! I am so sorry you are going through this. Your story sounds a little bit like mine. About 5 years ago I had moderate displasia. Went through with a LEEP, and after 2 years of monitoring it closely, I was normal, and went back to yearly checkups. Then Feb 2012 I had another abnormal pap. Did the colpo and biopsy, came back moderate displasia again. Went ahead with another LEEP. Went back 3 months later for an ECC and pap, and it didn't look good, came back CIN111. Because I am 27 and no kids yet, but desperately want them, she refered me to an oncologist gynecologist for futher guidence. As soon as I met with him I told him my expecations of wanting kids, and told me that would be his number one priority. Unfortunately the simple way of fixing this is a hysterectomy. So the oncologist suggested a THIRD LEEP in October, but this time he would be doing it under general anesthesia to reduce the discomfort because he was going to be super precise in what he was taking. I was told at this point I don't have very much cervix left, but enough that I should be able to get pregnant. (Now having a reduced cervix can put you in a high risk pregnancy, but as long as your OB knows, they can do things to make sure you don't early miscarry.) I just went back last week for my 3 month check up, and I am axiously waiting for the results.
My regular gyno has no explanation on why I went from mild to severe within 6 months. Being sent to an oncologist was terrifying, but I know, that at this point, I have nothing to lose.
One big thing both gynos mentioned was they don't see cases like mine that often, and when they do people are not really healthy and are smokers. I have never smoked and I am pretty healthy. So I guess the small percentage of us are really unlucky to just not be able to get over this!
If you have any questions, please ask. I know how scary this is, but being able to talk to people who have been there done that was a huge relief for me.
When do you go back for another colpo and biopsy?
12/2012 Arthroscopy, impingement removed with Brostrom-Evans procedure

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
(female)

OrangeTLC HB User

Omg! It really is a relief to know that there are other cases like mine. It is so frustrating and scary. I just want it to go away. I too do not smoke, and i am healthy as i can be. But i dont take vitamins like i should. My next app for a colpo and biopsy is next Thursday. Valentines day!!!! Im dreading the results more than the procedures.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Erie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB User

This has probably been the hardest thing mentally I have ever had to go through! Not many people understand, and your reluctant to talk about it. My first time around with this I didn't talk about it, just delt with it, and it went away. This time it kept getting worse and its hard. They say it could take 10 years to turn into cancer, but it we progress so quickly within a year, how does that math work?
I wish you the best next Thursday. Try not to stress over waiting for the results. I know I still worry about being able to have kids. This thought never leaves my mind. But I'm also trusting my dr to do the best for me.
12/2012 Arthroscopy, impingement removed with Brostrom-Evans procedure

Reply Reply