It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 04:42 AM   #1
(female)

Lyndsayg HB User
Really worried about cervical cancer

I was at the doctors yesterday as i've been having bleeding during sex sometimes. The doctor done swabs ad had a look and said my cervix looks fine and the chances of cervical cancer is unlikely because my last smear came back normal. Why cant i stop worrying? I get married in a few months and thinking the worst

Old 02-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Erie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB User
Re: Really worried about cervical cancer

Have you heard back about your results yet? I wouldn't worry too much about cancer until the results come back. Bleeding could be caused by a bunch of other things. The fact that the dr thought it visually looked good sounds like a good sign, though not always accurate. I assume you had just a basic pap smear? If that comes back abnormal they will probably want to do a biopsy to find out what is causing it. Again, don't freak out too much until you have those results!

Good luck, and let us know what happens.
12/2012 Arthroscopy, impingement removed with Brostrom-Evans procedure

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2013, 12:31 AM   #3
(female)

Lyndsayg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erie0385 View Post
Have you heard back about your results yet? I wouldn't worry too much about cancer until the results come back. Bleeding could be caused by a bunch of other things. The fact that the dr thought it visually looked good sounds like a good sign, though not always accurate. I assume you had just a basic pap smear? If that comes back abnormal they will probably want to do a biopsy to find out what is causing it. Again, don't freak out too much until you have those results!

Good luck, and let us know what happens.
I've to phone up tomorrow to find out my results. She didnt do a pap smear as i'm due one next year and my last one came back normal so she said its unlikely to be cancer but i'm still worried. I've to let her know in the next 6 weeks if it happens again and if it does she's going to send me to gyno for them to take a closer look

Old 02-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

Sorry you're stressing about this! Rest assured though, as Erie said, that it's unlikely to be cervical cancer. For one, your last pap was normal and cervical cancer usually takes a long time to develop after having abnormal pap(s). I had one abnormal pap years ago and read up on paps and cervical cancer. My abnormal pap ended up being nothing serious - probably just inflammation or a transient infection. But I learned that even if the pap had been a sign of dysplasia, there was a good chance it would have gone away on its own. That's why pap screening guidelines have changed from every year to every three years.

I hope you get some answers and solutions for this bleeding during sex. Let us know what you find out.

Reply Reply