It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
(female)

Purple7905 HB User
Very Scared!!!

The doctor did a CT Scan for pelvic pain and bloating. The CT showed an ovarian cyst, a uterine fibroid and a nodule on my lung. That really scared me! She ordered an ultrasound to get a better look at the fibroid and cyst. I was called with the results the same day and they said they found a cyst on my ovary and a mass in my uterus near my cervix that could possibly be a fibroid but further testing is needed to see what it is. I am very scared. We have a very strong history of cancer in my family (both my mother and fathers side). I have 2 small children and am only 26. Is this cancer? What will they do for further testing? I am beside myself and really trying to just spend time with my kids and not think about it too much but it is really hard! I have made myself sick stressing out so much my whole body just aches and I just feel so bad! I don't know what to do! Sorry for the ramble!

Old 04-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
Re: Very Scared!!!

Both fibroids and ovarian cysts are VERY common. Fibroids are benign growths. Granted, you're not sure that's what you have but the most common growths in the uterus are fibroids and polyps and both are benign except for VERY RARE cases.

Ovarian cysts are almost always benign too and usually go away on their own. The ultrasound report should tell you what type of cyst it is and its traits which tell a lot about whether or not it COULD BE malignant. If you have no family history of ovarian cancer, then your lifetime risk is less than 2%. Even suspicious looking ovarian cysts are almost always benign.

I had an ovarian cyst that looked somewhat suspicious on ultrasound. It was benign (on frozen section) but my gynecologist needlessly removed both my ovaries, my uterus, and my tubes anyway. I've been paying the price ever since.

BTW - I had cysts on my kidneys and liver but they didn't remove those organs! That's because cysts are usually nothing to be concerned about. Some people just tend to be "cyst makers." So maybe the "nodule" on your lung is a cyst. I don't know much about the lungs.

Let us know what you find out.

The Following User Says Thank You to STLouisgal For This Useful Post:
Purple7905 (04-11-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
(female)

Purple7905 HB User

Thank you!
I go to the gyn on Monday and I will know more then my regular doctor didn't seem to want to discuss my results very much over the phone. She just kept saying that they were referring my to a gyn for further testing.
I will have to have a repeat CT for the lung nodule. She said 60% of the time they are benign and just scar tissue in the lung but they treat it has being malignant and watch it closely until proven otherwise. So I just wait another week or two to have a repeat CT to see if it has changed in size or shape.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #4
(female)

Mommakris38 HB User

What did you find out??? Have you had all the tests yet?

Old 05-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #5
(female)

Purple7905 HB User

I had a repeat x-ray on my lungs and it was clear but to use caution they are doing a repeat CT in July. The pulmonologist they sent the results to is very on top of things and he wanted a repeat CT 3 months from my last one.
As far as the mass in my uterus they said mass and I freaked out it is actually quit small and my gyn says its a fibroid. Waiting on pap test results to come back. Gyn gave me meds to get my cycle back on track and the meds did not help as hoped and so I am having a Diagnostic Laporascopy done next week because my gyn thinks I have endometriosis. The surgery will allow my dr to look at the cyst and fibroid as well and take biopsies if needed.

Reply Reply

Tags
cervical cancer, uterine cancer, uterine fibroid