It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
(female)

JLena HB User
Unhappy Need reassurance and advice

So, I am 22 and had my first pap a month and a half ago... It came back LSIL and I was told to go get a colposcopy.... I have lovely tri care insurance (ha) and I am having a hell of a time getting my referral processed due to them cutting down on their workers and I obviously cannot afford a colposcopy out of pocket....

I called them the day I found out about my pap to get a referral started and that was a month or so ago... My Gyno apt was for this week... I called today to get my referral info and was informed they are still 1.5-2 months behind.....

I am so worried my LSIL will progress and become worse before then .... What are the chances of that happening? I am a wreck and cannot focus on anything.....I was so ready to go and make sure everything was okay......will 2 months make a big difference?

Old 04-24-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
Re: Need reassurance and advice

I've done a lot of research since having an unwarranted hysterectomy and removal of my ovaries. Abnormal pap smears are common and can be caused by relatively harmless conditions such as inflammation or infections of some sort. And even mild dysplasia (such as LSIL) usually resolves on its own without any treatment especially in young women. Also, abnormal cervical cells usually take many years to progress into cancer (and many never do).

Treatments for cervical dysplasia can also affect fertility and pregnancy. So take a deep breath, do your research, and hopefully your next pap or two (or colposcopy if you choose to do that) is normal or, worst case, still mild dysplasia that may still resolve on its own.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply