It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2003, 06:56 PM   #1
(male)

gabe107 HB User
Post Pain in Lower right abdominal area - Scared Please help

I am hoping someone can help me or at least shed some light on my symptoms. I have been feverously looking into finding out what I have been battling my HMO to send me to tests. I am 26 years old and I started getting lower abdominal pain on my right side a year and a half ago. IT was diagnosed as a ab muscle wall tear. The pain went away after 4 months. Recently I started being treated for Gastritis with Prilosec, when I stopped having my reflux, my lower right ab pain came back. It usually comes on when I am sitting up right or walking and hurts from just below my rib cage to all the way below my belly button. I had a CT scan and an Ultra Sound and it all looks fine, I have also had liver enzyme and gall blader tests and they are normal. I am in constant pain that seems to be getting worse and I am worried about Colon Cancer. I have no bleeding, although I did experience pink mucus one time while I was on Prilosec, but have not had it since coming off of the medicine. I have been looking at possibilities like Chron's and Colitis, but I have no Diarriah and no blood. Would colon cancer show up in a CT Scan after a year? Please help me.

Old 12-26-2003, 11:34 PM   #2

minpinmama HB User
Re: Pain in Lower right abdominal area - Scared Please help

Colon cancer doesn't always show up on the ct scan. A colonoscopy is the only way to be sure. If you are worried that much you should suggest that to your doctor. I had some lower abdominal pain for years with no other symptoms and nothing was done so when I finally ended up in the ER I was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer spread to my liver. That was 3 years ago. I had half my colon removed and 70% of my liver removed in a separate operation. After that I went through 6 months of chemo. I still hurt from all the surgeries but I'm still here with no evidence of cancer. So if you are scared it's better to tell the doctor you want a colonoscopy to be sure. They didn't think I had anything wrong until it was too late. Be strong and push the doctor, sometimes you have to. Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2003, 03:03 PM   #3
(male)

gabe107 HB User

How old are you now and how old were you when you started feeling the pain. What type of pain was it and was it associated with eating or bowl movements? Did it hurt when applying pressure?

Can you give me some more information regarding your symptoms of pain, thanks.

Old 12-28-2003, 10:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe107
I am hoping someone can help me or at least shed some light on my symptoms. I have been feverously looking into finding out what I have been battling my HMO to send me to tests. I am 26 years old and I started getting lower abdominal pain on my right side a year and a half ago. IT was diagnosed as a ab muscle wall tear. The pain went away after 4 months. Recently I started being treated for Gastritis with Prilosec, when I stopped having my reflux, my lower right ab pain came back. It usually comes on when I am sitting up right or walking and hurts from just below my rib cage to all the way below my belly button. I had a CT scan and an Ultra Sound and it all looks fine, I have also had liver enzyme and gall blader tests and they are normal. I am in constant pain that seems to be getting worse and I am worried about Colon Cancer. I have no bleeding, although I did experience pink mucus one time while I was on Prilosec, but have not had it since coming off of the medicine. I have been looking at possibilities like Chron's and Colitis, but I have no Diarriah and no blood. Would colon cancer show up in a CT Scan after a year? Please help me.
Has the doctor ruled out ischemic pelvic neuritis?
This is where at one time or another the nerve endings in the area that supply feeling to your trunk/Gut area have been inflamed either by infection or injury. It some times occurs after an abdominal surgery or sometimes for no apparent reason. IT hurts like the dickens and feels like something horrible might be going on only to be irritated nerve endings that do not need any treatment except a warm or cold pack. I wish you good luck in finding out the cause of your discomfort.

Old 02-19-2004, 09:43 PM   #5

minpinmama HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe107
How old are you now and how old were you when you started feeling the pain. What type of pain was it and was it associated with eating or bowl movements? Did it hurt when applying pressure?

Can you give me some more information regarding your symptoms of pain, thanks.
I'm hoping by now you have gotten some good news. I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I've been having some computer problems, lots of them...anyway to answer your question I was probably having some pain for about 5 years but after a long time it just kept getting worse. I was probably in my early 40's when the pain started and was 48 when finally diagnosed. The pain was just discomfort in the beginning then I would have a day when I would just lay in bed from pain and maybe not hurt again for weeks, or it might go back to minor pain for a while. It changed so much that I didn't give it a lot of thought. It never hurt when applying pressure. No association to eating or bowel movements. I guess that was the problem, I went a year without any pain and that's when the bottom fell out and I ended up in the ER and from there it's history now. I'm almost 4 years cancer free now. I hope you get a chance to read this.
Pat

Closed Thread