It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2004, 11:04 AM   #1
(female)

anniefannie HB User
Smile Colonoscopy Results from Annie

Just got back from colonoscopy and the news is great!!

Doc found NO polyps and NO cancer - only internal hemorrhoids which he said was definitely causing the bleeding. Thank GOD and thanks to all of you here who remembered me in your prayers.

I will continue to pray for all of you who are facing this disease, as I know what it's like. The reason I was so scared going into this test is because I lost both my Grandmas to colon cancer - one at age 52.

Keep the faith,
Annie

Last edited by anniefannie; 10-01-2004 at 11:05 AM.

Old 10-01-2004, 11:07 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User
Re: Colonoscopy Results from Annie

That's wonderful news.....Annie I'm so relieved for you. Are they going to do anything about the hemorroids???? Or do they plan on just leaving them???

You must be on cloud nine...so glad the news was good...Goody

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2004, 12:48 PM   #3

Dads1stGirl HB User

I am so happy for you!!

Old 10-01-2004, 12:48 PM   #4
(female)

Vintage Wine HB User

I'm so glad the results were good!

Lost my mom to colon cancer. Due for my colonoscopy next year.

Old 10-01-2004, 01:04 PM   #5
(female)

anniefannie HB User

Vintage Wine - I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. Please get that colonoscopy as soon as you are supposed to and stay on top of it every few years. It's the only way to know what's going on in there! I had a clear c'scopy 5 years ago and that was the only thing keeping me sane when this bleeding started. I kinda knew in back of my mind that cancer would probably not have developed that fast, but you never know. So get it done every 5 years at least (or whatever your doc recommends).

Goody - No need for surgery at this point. Doc says I need to change my diet, add Metamucil, get more exercise, lose weight, and don't sit for such long periods of time. This was a real wake-up call and I realize what bad shape I've gotten myself into in the last few years. Easy to blame it on menopause, thyroid, etc, but it's really my lifestyle. And I can do something about that.

Again, thanks to all of you for your support and prayers.

Annie

Old 10-01-2004, 01:24 PM   #6
(female)

hoping4best HB User

Annie!!

I am so glad to hear that everything turned out well!! Thank goodness someone is getting good news! Thanks for letting us know!

Old 10-01-2004, 01:59 PM   #7
(female)

tillyden HB User

So happy to hear you good news. Isn't God Great. DJ

Old 10-02-2004, 06:54 AM   #8

Abinormal HB User

Oh, Annie, God is sooo goooood! I'm rejoicing with you. I'd be tap-dancing, but my butt hurts too much.
((((hugs))))
Abi

Old 10-03-2004, 08:08 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

jaydees HB User

I am sure you could dance on the ceiling right now. Wonderful news.

Old 10-04-2004, 08:07 AM   #10
(female)

West Coast Girl HB User

This is great news Annie! I hope people who are having worrisome symptons follow your example and go and get tested. The majority of problems are not cancer but everyone needs to listen to their body and have things checked out. But when there is a problem it is so much easier to handle in the early stages. You must feel so relieved. I'm wishing good health for you in the future!

Old 10-04-2004, 09:27 PM   #11
(female)

anniefannie HB User

Thanks to all of you for the good wishes. I really can't tell you how scared I was. When the doc said it was just internal hemorrhoids I burst into tears. My hubby thought maybe I heard him wrong, but then realized it was just all the pent up anxiety and emotion coming out. I was so relieved.

I would like to stress to anyone having symptoms, especially rectal bleeding, to get yourself checked out as soon as possible. MOST times it turns out to not be as bad as your imagination makes it! And if it is something bad, getting it taken care of early is KEY. If you don't have insurance, then pay the bill $25 a month for the next hundred years if you have to. Getting checked by a doctor will save you so much anxiety (and all the negative effects the stress itself can cause) and it could save your life.

Annie

Closed Thread