It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2003, 03:02 PM   #1

bruised HB User
Post Hard lump on colon?

I'm hoping someone out there can help me out if they had symptoms.About 6 months ago I started getting really bloated.This isn't normal to me.So I went to doctor to see what was going on.After the exam he said I had a hernia.{My problem is on my left side}So,I'm okay with that.Then a week later same thing I'm bloated to the extent of looking pregnat.So I go to a walk in clinic.That doc examined me and said I had Irratible bowel syndrome.Well I'm trying to figure hernia to IBS.Definately different.So another week of bloating,gas and cramps up my back and legs I see doc again telling him about the IBS.I've also had 2 c-sections as well.So he says it's a hernia.So again I go with him on that.4 months later of this bloating etc.it starting to feel bruised,so back to doc.I thought it could be an infection of some sort from the c-sec 2 years ago.So we do blood tests,urine tests and all came back negative for infection.So again back to doc to discuss this.He sends me to a surgeon that specializes in hernias.He checks me and says I DON'T HAVE A HERNIA.so back to doc again.He orders a CT scan and U/S.The U/S was only of my pelvic area and tests came back negative for my tubes,ovaries etc.My pain is located on my lower left side.So CT scan comes.They did the test with NO dye and my results come back that I have kidney stones on my right side.BUT we're not talking my right side,we're talking my left.Anyhow nothing showed on the CT scan for my left problem.Whatever I have is getting worse.My symptoms are bloating,pain going along the lower half of my abdomen to my right side,cramps that shoot my lower back,It feels bruised,and a lump that painfully hurts when I bend over,sleep on my left side.I go to the bathroom once a day,no blood,no diareah.I was so bloated for a week i would be sick from the fullness.The lump is getting bigger and making my side actually sag.We know that theres a lump but no idea what the heck it is.If anyone knows anything please HELP!!It's been too long!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2003, 08:50 PM   #2

futuresurvivor HB User
You need to find someone who can get to the bottom of this ASAP.Your symptoms sound a lot like mine. I had a lump in my lower left colon. And when I layed down you could actually see it. My belly was also swollen to the point of looking pregnant. I went to a walk in clinic 6 times in 2 months and they kept treating me for bladder infection even though there was no bacteria in my urine. But I was running a low grade fever. I went to the ER in terrible pain got a CT scan...nothing. I was sent home with possible kidney stones. 1 week later I was back in ER with a ruptured colon. This time i was dx with stage IV cc. There's more I can tell you if you want to email me...mozgurl@msn.com I'll keep you in my prayers.
PS I'm a 39 year old female

Old 01-17-2003, 03:28 AM   #3
Inactive

ashpie HB User
what did the lump feel like? what other symptoms did you have? how are you doing now?

Old 01-17-2003, 09:05 AM   #4

bruised HB User
The lump to me is firm and hard and I can feel it when I lye down as well.O ther than the symptoms I posted above it's all a mystery.Bloating with or without eating,Even if I pass gas bloating is still there,it's a almost bruising feeling going across my lower abdomen to my right side.Almost like an infection.But blood work was negative for that.It's an uncomfortable feeling when you bloat so big that you just want to let it all out but going #2 doesn't relieve it either.It's all a mystery still.

Old 01-17-2003, 11:19 AM   #5

futuresurvivor HB User
The lump was hard and VERY sore. I had bouts with diarrhea and normal looking stools with blood, bloating,aching in lower abdomin and thighs,fullness even when I hadn't eaten. But most of these symptoms didn't show up til 6/02. Then by 11/02 my intestines were completely blocked and finally ruptured. I'm doing really well now, thanks for asking. My dr. says I have a positive attitude.I'm ready to get started with chemo and see if tumors on liver and lung go away. I've always been an active person and this isn't slowing me down. Sometimes I have to take a pain pill for discomfort but that's it. I am still a little sore from surgery 11/22/02. I woke up with a colostomy and 22 staples in my belly.

Old 01-17-2003, 01:12 PM   #6
Inactive

ashpie HB User
did you have a family history of colon cancer?

Old 01-17-2003, 01:17 PM   #7

bruised HB User
My grama's dad and brother had it.I found that out 3 weeks ago while I was asking her about cancer in the family.And her 2 sisters died of breast cancer.I'm only 26 and female.I don't know the problem I have yet though.

Old 01-17-2003, 09:59 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
bruised,
I don't think you have IBS. IBS is diagnosed by tests that eliminate other more serious problems.

I do think you need to go to a Gastentoroligist and have a colonoscopy. The Prep will clean you out so a Doctor can look at and examine your entire colon. Then you'll KNOW!!!

Bloating is usually caused by trapped gas and can be painful but it is not a hard knot. I had half of my colon removed(the left side) because of chronic diverticula bleeding--- on 4/4/02. I pastout in the ER because of blood loss. But, That is entirely different than what you now have.

Colon problems can be very serious. Don't let any Doctor bush you off until you know EXACTLY what problem you're having.

God Bless---Harry

Old 01-21-2003, 10:24 PM   #9

bruised HB User
I just thought I'd let you know what the "so called surgeon"said to me today.I went in today because my doctor ordered a colonoscopy.I was thinking I was going there to make an appointment.Well we discussed my symptoms as I mentioned and a little more that I've had and he checks me.He pushed it in really hard that it still hurts.So we discuss the problems that I've been having.He turns around and gives me another ultrasound to be done.Not for my lump on my left side,but for my freakin gallbladder on my right upper!!!I said to him boldly"look,my problem isn't here,it's right here."I asked him about the colonoscopy,he says that he wants to rule out other things cause of my bloating,and he said "it's risky!""Well what I may have or been experiencing isn't risky"I said.So I'm you know what.I went to my doc and told him about this.I asked for a second opinion from a gastrologist.He agreed.Only problem I'm wondering is if my doctor ordered this colonoscopy,it was for a reason?Am I correct?And this quach whack as I call him,I WILL never see him again.I will do the u/s just to prove that I have no problems.I'm also going to see a keniziologist on this problem.I might as well get 2 opinions then 1.Just thought I'd update this problem I've been having.

Old 01-23-2003, 08:44 PM   #10

bruised HB User
So I went to the kenisiolist today,and thought I'd tell you what she thinks the lump is.I'm still getting another opinion from a gastrologist.She said that it's a blockage,not cancerous.she said it was an "inguinal lymph node on sigmoid colon".It's ON the colon.She said it's about the size of a hazelnut,there's no fluid in it.But I can't find anything really on the net about it?I don't really understand what it actually is?Anyone?

Old 01-31-2003, 10:50 PM   #11

bruised HB User
Bloated all day today!uggh my poor stomach was very swollen.And I also had U/S appt.for my Gallbladder and whatever else they think it could be.The technologist lady asked me if my right side is sore.It didn't click in until I said "yah i know I have kidney stone".She laughed because thats obviously what she saw and asked me if I hurt.LOL.Normally they say nothing,but I told her of the ct scan and shes goes "okay".So anyways I bought a colon cleanse to give it a shot to do the toxins,well it didnt work.Well I tried last night expecting results and nothing.But strange qusetion for anyone who reads.How are your bm,are they soft,formed and sink?or no bm at all?or they are hard,formed,float?Personal I know but just curious?Thanks

Old 02-02-2003, 11:46 AM   #12
Inactive

DaddyzGirl HB User
Bruised,
you say colon cleansing for toxins? I'm not sure what you mean. I've been cleansing my intestines with laxatives. They have helped but have only been a temperary relief, if I could even call it that. Get diarrhea every time. Not to mention what it does to my hemorroids. That's the only way i can go on a regular basis, lately. And I still feel bloated. When i go, my first stool is soft-don't have a hard time passing. They are medium brown in color and still ribbon-shaped. But anything after that(b/c of laxitives) is like water. Now, when I go on my own-with no help from laxatives- they are soft,formed(like ribbon) and medium brown in color. I never have diarrhea type b/m unless I took laxatives. I'm still very much bloated. Practically one size bigger in clothes. All my pants fit me tight. Like when your pmsing. It's horrible. I'm only 30(feel like 24,though ). I want to get my normal life back. With 2 kids,work and a husband it's really getting on my nerves to not know what my body's going to do next. Very frustrating. Ex.:My hubby had to take my kids to school for me,last minute, last week. Because the laxitives kicked in real hard when it was time to leave I'm not used to relying on anyone for every days things. I like to have everything in order and it's just not happening lately. I feel almost vulnerable to these damn bowel problems. Sorry, I think I went on too long. But I hope I may have answered your question about the b/m.
*DaddyzGirl*

Closed Thread