It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2005, 11:37 PM   #1
(male)

kewpie HB User
Can't stop worrying!

Well I haven't had any blood in my stools lately. The last time was a few months ago when my stool was very hard and painful to pass because I was flying for 11 hours and flying makes me constipated. It was a couple drops, not a whole lot. It only happens when I'm constipated and it's never really a lot. Anyway, I've had blood in my stools for a few months about 3 years ago and although it stopped, I'm now worrying that suppose if it was colon cancer all along? I'm a major hypochondriac so this is quite a nightmare for me! I cannot stop obsessing over it! I keep thinking I'm dying! Wouldn't I have more symptoms by now? Wouldn't I be at least be anemic after 3 years? Isn't it too late if it's been 3 years? I would like to have a colonoscopy done so I can finally have piece of mind, but I can't stop thinking they'll find something! I'd rather just die then go through all those horrible procedures just to eventually die anyway!

Does anyone have any good news to share? I'd like to hear inspirational stories instead of drepressing ones!

Last edited by kewpie; 04-24-2005 at 02:01 AM.

Old 04-24-2005, 07:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

CancerDad HB User
Unhappy Re: Does bleeding always mean cancer?

Kewpie:
There are MANY miracle stories on this board. But bottom line is Ignorance will do you no good. As we have said, you NEED TO GET A COLONOSCOPY!!! You have come here for a reason... to get good solid advice on what to do. We have given that to you. As Ruthie says... many of us DON'T want to talk about Bee sting Venum and Voodo medicine (although I also believe in Naturapathic medicine). But LET'S FACE FACTS, you can come up with a million reasons Not to have a simple procedure, but NONE of them are valid.

And on a side note, ALL survivors DON'T eventually die from cancer. Many live long healthy lives and OVERCOME this horrific disease! That's the miracle. That's the good story. The moral is let's just be proactive (GET THE PROCEDURE DONE) and not just sit by waiting for Cancer to take us. We SHOULD ALL HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE but at the same time, be REALISTS.

CancerDad

Last edited by CancerDad; 04-24-2005 at 08:00 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2005, 02:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

wmkcolors HB Userwmkcolors HB User
Re: Does bleeding always mean cancer?

I had blood in my stools, on and off, for 4 years. Like you, I ignored it. A doctor told me it was IBS or hemmerhoids(sp?). Sometimes, the bleeding stopped. I didn't know anything about colon cance. Besides, I was in my early 30s. Fortunately, after being persuaded by my older sister, I went to see a gastroenterologist, who had me have an immediate colonoscopy, within 3 days of seeing him. I was diagnosed with colorectal cancer, at the earliest stage. Though it was caught early, I did have radiation but no chemotherapy or major surgery. For 3 years, I was monitored closely, but I'm here, because I went in and didn't wait any longer. I know you are scared. I was terrified. Colon cancer is very treatable and curable. None of this means you do have colon cancer, but, the only way to deal with this, is by getting tested. My symptoms were similar: sporadic bleeding and acute constipation, but that could mean IBS. Don't let doctors tell you, like they did me, that you are too young to have colon cancer. I met a few people, in their 20s, being treated as well. I am so empathetic about your fears. My heart goes out to you, but checking it out is the best thing for you to do right now. Do you have any family or friends to help you deal with this? Take Care.

Last edited by wmkcolors; 04-24-2005 at 02:57 PM.

Closed Thread