It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2005, 03:48 AM   #1
(male)

ww71 HB User
Thin/flat stools, blood, mild persistent abdominal pain

Hi there,
I am (33+ old) having (pencil) thin and/or flat (triangular, flat from one side, or from two sides) stools for last 9-10 months. Also , amount of movements is very small, and they are usually loose.
I have also mild, persistent diffuse pain all over the stomach.
I also had episodes with (bright red) blood on the stool for one week (and then it disappeared).
Recently, I started to take Metamucil 2 times a day, it helped, but not completely - the caliber of the stool improved, but it is still loose most of the time, or when it is hard I can see that it is compound from few thiner stools bundled together somehow.
Obviously, I was very concerned, so I went for a colonoscopy. The preparation and the procedure was really (almost) nothing, the worst thing was spending a couple of hours in the bathroom to cleanse the colon.
It turned out to be nothing - "irritable colon" Doc says. The Doc didn't find the source of blood, though; but since the blood disappeared 3 months ago, it could be that it was a fissure or similar...
Now, I am 100% relaxed. I strongly recommend to anybody with similar symptoms to do this simple and painless procedure asap.

Old 05-30-2005, 04:27 AM   #2
(male)

kewpie HB User
Re: Thin/flat stools, blood, mild persistent abdominal pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ww71
Hi there,
I am (33+ old) having (pencil) thin and/or flat (triangular, flat from one side, or from two sides) stools for last 9-10 months. Also , amount of movements is very small, and they are usually loose.
I have also mild, persistent diffuse pain all over the stomach.
I also had episodes with (bright red) blood on the stool for one week (and then it disappeared).
Recently, I started to take Metamucil 2 times a day, it helped, but not completely - the caliber of the stool improved, but it is still loose most of the time, or when it is hard I can see that it is compound from few thiner stools bundled together somehow.
Obviously, I was very concerned, so I went for a colonoscopy. The preparation and the procedure was really (almost) nothing, the worst thing was spending a couple of hours in the bathroom to cleanse the colon.
It turned out to be nothing - "irritable colon" Doc says. The Doc didn't find the source of blood, though; but since the blood disappeared 3 months ago, it could be that it was a fissure or similar...
Now, I am 100% relaxed. I strongly recommend to anybody with similar symptoms to do this simple and painless procedure asap.
Thank you for this thread. It's very encouraging to know that not everyone has cancer despite their symptoms ! I only pray this is the case when I have my colonoscopy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2005, 06:17 AM   #3
(male)

Falcon554 HB User

Starting my preb this morning. I got constipated about 6 weeks ago. with ab cramping and pain. swithched to a high fiber diet the day I went to the doc, ( not smart going from a high protein diet to high fiber in one day) . I got better for about a week then it all came back again. My gastro doc is almost 100% sure I dont have cancer, no weird stools, no weight loss, and right now im almost 100% better, but better safe then sorry.

Right now im having 3 BMs a day, with no problems at all but damnit, I want my colonoscopy just for peace of mind. After reading this board for the last month and all the stories, I would have a colonoscopy once a month just to save myself some of the pain some of you guys have had in your life.

If having a tube stuck up your butt will save your life, you would be a fool not to get it done.

Old 05-30-2005, 06:50 AM   #4
(male)

ww71 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon554
Right now im having 3 BMs a day, with no problems at all but damnit, I want my colonoscopy just for peace of mind.
Exactly! Knowing that problems are not physical unloaded a huge portion of my stress. Last few months were real hell to me, I was waking up and going to bed thinking to have a colon cancer.
Even if the results were bad (thanks to God, they weren't), wouldn't make any sense to wait further, sooner one get diagnosed, better the chances to survive.

To complete my list of symptoms, I also often have stools full of mucous, terrible stomach cramps waking me up in the middle of the night with bad diarrheas, almost total inability to digest vegetables (beans, corn, salad,..) and some fruit. The constipation was never present, though, if you don't call constipation straining hard to push out tiny, flat stool.

All of you having similar symptoms, please have a colonoscopy asap - it is easy, painless and safe procedure. If it hopefully, and as in majority of the cases, turns out to be nothing, even better - you get a huge unload; if you are less lucky, keep in mind that a majority of the people survive this terrible desease, the key is early diagnosis.

Closed Thread