It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2005, 07:53 PM   #1
(female)

emilysusan24 HB User
Exclamation Blood in stool, pressure, cramps, fatique

I have had symptoms for the past few weeks that are starting to worry me. I have had a few instances where when having a bowel movement the toilet filled with blood, and my stomach hurt BAD! The doctor said that this was just hemmroid. However, I have started having a lot of pressure on my anus and in my bowel, and a lot of cramping. I have also been having more frequent bowel movements, and there is blood more often now (although just a small amount, not the explosion like the other times). I also have frequent Gas, and diarrhia... I also have been sooooo tired lately. I wake up, and cant stay up...i feel like i am sleeping my day away!

My doctors dont seem to be connect any of the symptoms, so I was hoping someone could help!

Old 11-16-2005, 09:28 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

danimal15 HB User
Re: Blood in stool, pressure, cramps, fatique

How old are you? Have you seen a gastroenterologist? You shouldn't ignore these symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2005, 03:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

jaydees HB User

I agree that the symptoms should not be ignored but there are a few things you might try that could help and will not hurt.
1) make sure you get enough liquids in your diet. Drink a large glass of apple or orange juice in the morning is a good start and lay off coffee and alcohol completely. make sure to drink a few more big glasses worth of non-caffinated liquid throughout the day.

2) get 10 or 20 minutes of extra walking or light exercise every day

3) get more fiber in the diet. Best way is to find a food with a good amount in it that you like. One way is to use whole wheat bread rather than white bread. If you need to you can get fiber pills.

4)Prep H supppositories! Yecch! I agree, but they work better than just the cream. Easiest way to insert them is to buy both the suppositories and the cream. Put a dab of cream on the suppository's pointed end and gently push it in. The cream acts as a lubricant.

Make an appt with a gastroenterologist!!

Last edited by jaydees; 11-16-2005 at 03:27 PM.

Old 11-19-2005, 06:35 AM   #4
(female)

sammypt HB User

I just read your post, and I agree with Jaydees, you need to see a gastroenterologist. I was diagnosed with colon cancer out of the blue about 3 months ago, and the only thing that tipped me off that something was wrong was intense cramping followed by a loose bloody stool that like you said filled the toilet with blood, this happened several times and then subsided, but the ER doc told me of course it was nothing, just a hemmhoroid. I did start thinking more about it and the other thing that was different was an increase in frequency of bowel movements.
Anyways see a gastroenterologist, and get some piece of mind. It could be a number of things, but better to be safe. Good Luck

Old 12-01-2005, 01:22 AM   #5
(female)

janine65 HB User

i agree with everyone .
Please dont ignore these symptoms. if you get no joy from your dr see another or a gastroenterologist. i think you definately should be getting a colonoscopy or at least some blood tests. I was diagnosed with colon cancer (caecum) 9 years ago IM A SURVIVOR! keep pushing for answers and dont give up till you get the tests you require. QAll too often when patients are young ( I was 31) Drs dont immediately think of bowel cancer because it is Generally a disease of the older person.
I hope this helps
Janine

Old 12-01-2005, 04:01 AM   #6
(female)

wingedunicorn HB User

Doctors always give that excuse "your too young" but all too often I read about so many ppl under 30 with colon cancer! These doctors need to be educated that it is NOT just an old persons disease!

Please ask for a colonoscopy, if nothing else it will give you peace of mind

Good Luck

Closed Thread