It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2005, 06:01 PM   #1
(female)

lauralu2000 HB User
Bleeding for 5 days, colonoscopy and 15 mm polyp removed

Hi everyone,

Well we are playing the waiting game like so many people at this stage have to do. My dad had 5 days of bleeding from his rectum so they got him in for a colonoscopy right away. They removed a polyp that was, I believe 15mm does that sound right? Couldn't have been 15 cm could it? Do they usually measure by mm or sm? ALso another smaller one. Dr. said that as the size of polyps go. This was a big one.
They had to wait a few days before they could the colonoscopy due to the fact he just had his pacemaker replaced a month agao and is on blood thinners. They took him off of the blood thinners and it took an unusually high number of bags of plasma and two Vitamin K shots to thicken his blood up enough to do the procedure. They were very surpirsed at that. Could that mean anemic?
They say they will have the results back sometime next tuesday and he should stay of the blood thinners until that time.
Okay so with such a big polyp taken out and the fact that he had the bleeding are those most likely bad sign?

Thanks everyone and good health to all

Old 12-16-2005, 12:46 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

bossan HB User
Re: Bleeding for 5 days, colonoscopy and 15 mm polyp removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralu2000
Hi everyone,

Well we are playing the waiting game like so many people at this stage have to do. My dad had 5 days of bleeding from his rectum so they got him in for a colonoscopy right away. They removed a polyp that was, I believe 15mm does that sound right? Couldn't have been 15 cm could it? Do they usually measure by mm or sm? ALso another smaller one. Dr. said that as the size of polyps go. This was a big one.
They had to wait a few days before they could the colonoscopy due to the fact he just had his pacemaker replaced a month agao and is on blood thinners. They took him off of the blood thinners and it took an unusually high number of bags of plasma and two Vitamin K shots to thicken his blood up enough to do the procedure. They were very surpirsed at that. Could that mean anemic?
They say they will have the results back sometime next tuesday and he should stay of the blood thinners until that time.
Okay so with such a big polyp taken out and the fact that he had the bleeding are those most likely bad sign?

Thanks everyone and good health to all

Everyone has opinions of course, but you are asking things that no one can or should answer on this board. Just wait, which is not easy, we all have had to do that here. hope for the best and let us all know how things turn out. Love and healing...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2005, 06:57 AM   #3
(female)

ggirl HB User

I had a 10 cm polyp removed and are still waiting on the results. My doctor said mine was also unusually large. Good Luck and keep your head up.

Old 12-20-2005, 12:23 PM   #4
(female)

lauralu2000 HB User

Good News!! No Cancer!!!

I have to say.....for others reading this post when passing through this forum. Since my dad has had this happening to him I have heard more interesting stories of people going through similar circumstance that I would like to share.

I have heard stories of people having to have polyps removed every 2 to 3 years because they keep growing back and no cancer. One women who had over 15 removed and none were cancer. A man having had several bigger polyps than my dads removed and still no cancer.

The most interesting story yet is about a friend of my sisters. She has had polyps removed that have bleed so badely that she said it was almost like a period. I know gross...but still it was not cancer.

So as the story always goes. Try not to get to worried over just finding polyps. The most important thing is to get to your doc and have your symptoms checked out so they can rule out cancer. Not knowing is the worst.

Hang in there everyone! Life throws us unbelievable obstacles at times. To everyone dealing with cancer. God be with you!

Closed Thread