It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2006, 03:55 PM   #1
(female)

jjules HB User
? Bout Bleeding Hemmoroids

I have a question about bleeding hemmoroids and if there could possibly be linked to colon/rectal cancer. I have had these off and on for 14 yrs and (not very often) but now and then and I am now experiencing this again. I guess I am concerned since my mother had colon cancer (survivor) over 20 yrs ago and now being 42 has crossed my mind that I should get this checked out. I eat alot of fiber and think this could actually irritate that area. Not a pleasant subject and have felt pain in that area recently (inside anal area) Does anyone know anything that will help naturally to get rid of them? If anyone has some input it would be really appreciated. Jules

Old 03-10-2006, 06:56 PM   #2
(female)

plc HB User
Re: ? Bout Bleeding Hemmoroids

If the cure is out there I wish some would let me know. I was told surgery was the answer to problem. I am trying everything to avoid that. I agree with you that fiber makes it worse. I have tryed wipes,creams and witch hazel. All of these have a band-aid effect. I have had a colonoscopy three times in four years, to rule out cancer and or other problems due to the bleeding I have had. The prep from the test made them worse then ever. However, the tests have put my mind at ease that it is JUST hemmoroids. I would go see a doctor to put your mind at ease, to make sure that it is just hemmoroids.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2006, 11:31 PM   #3
(female)

larbo's wife HB User

I too suffer from bleeding hemmoroids and have for many years. I finally caved in from pressure from my family to have a colonoscopy to rule out cancer. The only way I would have the test done was if my husband had it done at the same time. It turned out that he had a cancerous tumor and all I had were hemmoroids.(Go Figure ) He didn't have any symptoms at all! Further testing found lymph node possitive with cancer, ( 1 out of 12) which put him at a stage III . Thank God I was such a big baby or we still would have been clueless about his cancer
As for me , I just try to get plenty of fiber and drink lots of water. I also limit nuts and seeds wich usually cause flare ups. And you can bet that I am planning to have my next colonoscopy sooner than the 10 years my Dr. recommened. larbo's wife

Old 03-11-2006, 11:59 AM   #4
(female)

plc HB User

Sorry to hear about your husband, hope all is going well for him. Good thing both of you went.. You are right on for nuts and seeds and flare ups...

Old 03-13-2006, 12:18 PM   #5
(female)

jjules HB User

Thanks 2 both of your replies. It seemed to have subsided again-did the witch hazel compress and thanks for reminding me about eating the nuts and seeds. A combo of those and the fiberous veggies and fruits I eat could of flared it up-what's a person to do when the want to be healthy but have to worry about if it's going 2 b a pain in the rear? I hope the best 4 your husband. Positive thinking and praying and determination is what kept my mother around for this long. Thanks, Jules

Old 03-13-2006, 01:30 PM   #6
(female)

larbo's wife HB User
Exclamation Re: ? Bout Bleeding Hemmoroids

I thought that I should point out that we were told that our children should have colonoscopies by the time they reach 40 years of age. The rule of thumb seems to be that whatever age a parent is diagnosed with colon cancer,(in my husband's case 52) the children should be screened 10 years younger. My dad had a cancerous polyp removed 8 years ago when he was 67,which is why I needed to be tested. Also my grandmother (on my dad's side ) died from colon cancer at age 64 I have talked to our children about early screening.(Our eldest is 29 ) I plan to encourage them to have screening done even earlier if they have any symptoms. I have noticed that there are folks only in their 20's and 30's posting here that have been diagnosed with colon cancer So that said, even though it is probably just hemmeroids, with your mother's history of colon cancer, I think it would be wise to have a colonoscopy just to be sure. larbo's wife

Closed Thread