It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2006, 05:33 PM   #1
(female)

Gigi D HB User
Colonoscopy if you have a cold?

My colonoscopy is this week, and right now I have a terrible cold. I can hardly breathe, my throat hurts and my head is pounding. I've been using Vicks vapor rub, drinking plenty of fluids and sucking on hard candy to ease my throat. What happens if I don't get rid of this before my colonoscopy? Will they still be able to do it? I DON'T want to reschedule-I've been waiting a long time for this procedure, and even though it won't be pleasant, I can't wait to get it done and hopefully figure out what's wrong with me.
If I still have this cold by then (which wouldn't surprise me-I have a hard time getting rid of them), should I just show up for it or do I need to call the day before (my scope is bright and early in the morning) and let them know about it? My last surgery I had a mild cold and just did my best to suppress my cough and sniffling, and everything was fine. This one is much worse (my throat feels like it's on fire), but I'm afraid if I call that they may say to reschedule.
Is having a cold the day of your scope that big of deal? Will they still do the procedure? Is there any medications I can take right now that won't affect the colonoscopy-my instructions say no NSAID medications a week prior?
Thanks!

Last edited by Gigi D; 06-05-2006 at 05:33 PM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gigi D For This Useful Post:
katymay48 (07-09-2012), larrye1 (05-30-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2006, 06:08 PM   #2
(male)

tahb HB User
Re: Colonoscopy if you have a cold?

Ask doctor/nurse about tylenol (Acetamenophine). I had 103 fever the day before colonoscopy but I took tylenol and temp came to normal. Doctor was OK with that. But you should call nurse/doctor to confirm.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2006, 08:08 PM   #3
(female)

Gigi D HB User
Re: Colonoscopy if you have a cold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahb
Ask doctor/nurse about tylenol (Acetamenophine). I had 103 fever the day before colonoscopy but I took tylenol and temp came to normal. Doctor was OK with that. But you should call nurse/doctor to confirm.
Thanks! I'll give my nurse a call.

Closed Thread